WY Surplus help

mconwa951

Just wondering if anybody had any tips on getting surplus antelope tags in wyoming i didn't get in the drawing my personal life has been a train wreck lately but want to come out and do a little hunting and I know you can get surplus tags over the counter in some zones with little public land just wondering if anybody has tried it before and if had anytips on zones to look into.
Thanks Guys
Mike

There are nearly always doe tags left over and you can usually get two and some places you can/used to could, get up too four. Wait until the draw is over and then check to see where there are doe tags

I know 3 guys that didn't put in for the drawing last season. But there were leftover buck and doe tags in area 6, which is mostly private land. They drove out from Missouri and purchased the tags at the local convenience store. They all 3 easily took pretty decent bucks.

I am assuming that most landowners will still have room for some antelope hunters. I usually do.

The WYGF website will list the amount and type of leftovers and in which areas there are leftovers. It will also list the places leftover tags can be purchased.
It should show all of that once the initial draw is over.

Things change a little from year to year but this is what my leftover map looked like right before the season opened last year. If you get to the Wy game site early you can about double the areas with tags.
The blue areas where all sold out and the pink still had doe tags, the uncolored areas still had a lot of both tags available.
09outandabout%20196.jpg

Leftover tags are now listed on the Wyoming Game and Fish Website. I believe they go on sale July 20th. I bought a leftover antelope tag 2 years ago and hunted near Douglas. I think you might be able to buy the tags online.

There appears to be no leftovers leftover anymore in areas 6, 7, and 8. Not for buck antelope anyway. They went unusually fast this year.

You could check out 17 & 18 . I've shot bucks in these zones. Try to find a private landowner that will let you hunt. Maybe the Gilette chamber of commerce will have a landowner list. There is a bit of public. Going after the first week might make getting access easier.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.