Need Help with dreaded Wy hunt application

tcknight

Can anyone help me with an application for a license to hunt antelope on the Wyoming side of the Black Hills. Wife and I vacation there every year and want to work a hunt in this year. Don't know what area to ask for, which is the more productive area, etc. Anyone? Anyone?

I have hunted near Newcastle the last 9 or 10 years on private ground in Regions 6 and 7. They require a trespass fee but the hunting is very good and we always draw one zone or the other. Send me a PM if you'd like more information.

Brian

7mm, what happens if you apply for zone 6 and 7 and get drawn for both? Can you pick the one you want and turn the other back in .... and if so what does this wind up costing you?

I also wondered about applying for both the 1st and the 2nd seasons. If you do and you are drawn for both can you pick the one you want and turn the other back in?
Is this permitted?

THANKS.

Last edited:
The Feb/Mar issue of Eastman's Hunting Journal has a very explicit explanation of how to apply for a WY antelope permit. Pick one up, it's sure to help.
Good Luck

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.