WY mulie hunt

drake4

Anybody have any experience hunting the non-wilderness areas of Region H. Not looking for any secrets, but any general info. would be much appreciated. I'm thinking about putting together a backpack hunt in the next year or two.
Thanks.
progress.gif

drake 4 from dskiper

I hunted the Glenrock area.Top notch outfitter.Sagecreek Outfitters.Mucho amounts of muleys. Great people!

Lots of great hunting there. I usually end up in the wilderness though. Plan on lots of time scouting. I would like to give you more info, but I guard my area very closely. Good luck

Totally understand. I'm the same way with my areas in MT. Looking to expand and learn some new country in the next year or two though. The scouting is a given, with any new place for me. I will keep doing my research. Thanks for the response!

Drake4, I hunt that area as an out of stater. If you are not a resident, you wil have less than a 50% chance of drawing that unit. Thats assuming you didn't pay for points last year. You are probably aware of the new point system. I'm still trying to figure it out. Thats a beautiful area and after you get acquainted with it, it can be pretty good hunting.
Good Luck.
tscott

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.