• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTT Savage 112 LA-RH VLP for Savage 112 BVSS stock TRADE COMPLETE

mkg

I have a Savage 112 RH-LA VLP ( Varmint Low Profile ) centerfeed stock that I would like to trade for a LA-RH BVSS centerfeed stock.

Tha VLP stock is in perfect condition and has the recoil lug bedded.

EDIT: This is the blind mag version not DBM

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Re: WTT Savage 112 LA-RH VLP for Savage 112 BVSS stock

MKG,
Why do you wish to trade? Is the VLP stock pillar bedded? What caliber is your rifle? Got any pics? JohnnyK.

Re: WTT Savage 112 LA-RH VLP stock for Savage 112 BVSS stock

JohnyK,

Yes the stock is pillar bedded ( standard for the model 12/112 ) as well as the recoil lug.

The reason I want to trade stocks is it will match the feel of my 22-250 BVSS and my 300WSM BVSS.
The caliber is 300WM . UBB Message - PredatorMasters Forums

These are some pics of the stock in this thread. I am trading the stock only.

MIke

Mike,
I am interested as I have been looking a different stock for my BVSS in 6.5-284Norma. I don't see any pics at that link, it's asking me to login. Anyway, whenever you take your barreled action out of your stock does the magazine remain in the stock? Mine does. JohnnyK.

Mike,
I am interested as I have been looking a different stock for my BVSS in 6.5-284Norma. I don't see any pics at that link, it's asking me to login. Anyway, whenever you take your barreled action out of your stock does the magazine remain in the stock? Mine does. JohnnyK.

Yes , It's a centerfeed. If you decide you'd like to trade you'll have the joy as will I of wiggling the mag box out of the stock .

Sorry about the link I'll see if I can get some pics up in the post. The stock is pristine , no nicks bumps or scratches that I can find.

Mike

Mike,
I have to go out of town for 3-4 days but should be back before next weekend. I will contact you this week via PM and we can exchange phone numbers and settle up. I say let's go for it. My rifle's stock is in perfect condition also as I just bought it last March. Look forward to talking with you. JohnnyK.

Re: WTT Savage 112 LA-RH VLP for Savage 112 BVSS stock TRADE PENDING

Alright Mike,
Got the magazine out of the stock. Not too bad, took about 3-4 minutes, once I got a grip on it. I will take mine to work tomorrow and call you from there. JohnnyK.

Alright Mike,
Got the magazine out of the stock. Not too bad, took about 3-4 minutes, once I got a grip on it. I will take mine to work tomorrow and call you from there. JohnnyK.

OK, Give me a call and we'll try to get these shipped today. Office or cell either one.

Mike

Johnny , It's on the way . According to UPS it will arrive your location Tuesday.

Will PM tracking #

Mike

Last edited:

Just recieved my stock . It was just as described .

JohnnyK is great to do business with , Thanks Johnny.

Mike

Same here Mike and thank you. Very pleased with the whole transaction and would do business with Mike any day. It went smooth and I like this stock.
The VLP stock fit my 6.5-284Norma barreled action like a glove. I put it together, torqued it down and grabbed two bullets loaded with 120gn Ballistic Tips (58.5gn RL25/CCI BR2) and stepped out to my 500 yd range. I dialed in 4.5MOA for elevation and 3.4MOA for a left wind and smacked the gong twice, dead center. I'm back in the saddle again! :) JohnnyK.

Do either of you know what modifications I would need to do to make a 112 BVSS stock fit an old 112 stagger feed blind mag? I'd really like to swap out my tupperware stock.

Not sure but nothng I'd jump on. I would suggest letting a competent rifle smith/stock builder tackle this. JohnnyK.

Recent Posts