• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS/WTT Cooper of Montana 6.5x284 Phoenix

7mmpredator

Looking to trade/partial for an NXS 5-22x50 NPR1 or NXS G7 or sell outright. 1350 to FFL. This is a single shot, blind magazine and very accurate. I've worked up loads with Retumbo/Bergers and H4831/Sierras and neither disappoint. With the Bergers nothing from elk, mulies, antelope, whitetails, feral hogs or coyotes have taken a second step. Each with one shot.

cooper2.jpg
cooper3.jpg
cooper5.jpg
cooper-1.jpg

Great little rifle. Buyer won't be disappointed. I just shot one exactly like it yesterday and shot 3 groups @ 300yds largest measured 1.125" 4 shot groups. I love that little 6.5! While I can't push the speed I do like all my Coopers. I have 8 of them!

I've had a lot of fun with this one and it's become my go to gun. I am only parting with it because I'm scoping a build on a 7rm and my next start will be a full custom 6.5x284. I love the caliber and will probably cryo treat the barrel to extend the life.

Have never quite figured out why the 6.5 is such a slow catch on. I've shot them for 35 years, never fail to get attention when I'm hunting. Maybe the long range shooting shows on TV will help. The 7mm Rem beat you up while that little 6.5 just a thump.
Good luck selling it, someone will be getting a jewell!

Thanks. Maybe since it is pretty much a handloaders caliber being that there is not as much variety of loaded ammo available commercially it has not been as popular. But how lucky are those of us who do handload this little gem!