• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Semi custom 6.5x284 Reduced AGAIN

winmagman

I thought I'd try this one again since were getting closer to hunting season.

This rifle is set up in a BDL configuration, but I'm selling it as a single shot. I've never been able to get it to feed as well as I'd like so I shoot it as a single shot. There is also one small hairline scratch on the barrel about 3/8" long.

Specs:

Chambered in 6.5 x 284 with a .297 neck

Round count is 389

Squared Remington L/A with factory trigger tuned to 2.5 pounds

26" M24 contour (.920 at muzzel) Rock Creek barrel. The barrel was chamberd, crowned, and installed my Mike Rock at Rock Creek Barrels.

Badger bolt handle and recoil lug

Richards Microfit Tactical stock in electric blue

The rifle will come with a set of Forster Bench Rest FL dies and a Hornady New Dimension seating die. Will also include 150 + pieces of new Lapua brass.

Scope and Bipod not included

Would like $1150 shipped from private owner to your FFL.
6halfX284Pic2.jpg

HPIM0157.jpg

Chris

Last edited:
Re: WTS Semi custom 6.5x284

Nice looking gun. How does it shoot? And, what does it weigh sans scope?

Thanks.

Re: WTS Semi custom 6.5x284

RR

It weighs in at about 14.5 pounds fully decked out, so I'd estimate in the 12 to 12.5 pounds without scope and bipod.

I have shot some groups in the .2s with the 140 gr Matchkings, however .3s and .4s @ 100 are more the norm. The hunting loads with 140 gr SSTs averaged .5s to .7s @ 100.

Chris

What is the round count?

What is the reason it won't feed? I know it is a moot point as it isn't really a carry on your back mountain rifle but I just want to know.

How far has this rifle been proven to?

Thanks,

Jay

Jay,

Round count is 389.

Haven't been able to figure out the feeding problem. I tinkered with the first mag. until it bent as easy as tin foil, then replaced that with a new one. Have also tried standard and magnum followers still the occasional problem. I suspect it needs the feed rails opened slightly, but was reluctant to do so in case I wanted to change calibers.

I have taken deer with it out to 525 yds, the longest groups I've had room to shoot have been at 625 yds they usually run 3-5 inches if I'm doing my part right. I have shot the ocasional milk jug or clay pigeon farther out, but that's not telling you much about how the rifle groups.

Chris

Chris, I cant help but love this thing, but my rifles not selling. any chance you would change your mind about the trade I offered a few weeks ago?

Thanks Mike, but I still got to pass.

I know what you mean about your guns not selling. It's a tough economy to be selling anything......except maybe for hookers. :D

Chris

Recent Posts