• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Savage 12 F/TR 308

mtang45

Nice Savage 12 FTR Varmint in .308 up for sale. This is the target series model, stainless, 30" barrel, gray laminated stock, adjustable Accu-Trigger and Anschutz style rail embedded into the forend. I received in trade 2 years ago and just shot it yesterday because I was really curious to see how it shot. Three shots to dial scope in and then the attached 5 shot group with factory Federal 175gr ammo. Just under .75" not bad for a first group with factory ammo. I just have too many 308 rifles and thinning the herd.

Scope is also for sale, Horus Vision Falcon 4-16x50 with the H2 Horus reticle, first focal plane fantastic glass. If you are unfamiliar with Horus scopes, they set the standard for grid pattern reticles which are now used by other major scope manufactures. Asking $850 for the rifle, $550 for the scope or will sell both together for $1300. Thanks!

Attachments

• Savage1.jpg
    Savage1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Savage2.jpg
    Savage2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 12
  • SavageGroup.jpg
    SavageGroup.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Horus-02.jpg
    Horus-02.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 14
My Savage .308 seems to have walked away on it's own. I have some leads to it's possible location. But if too much time passes I will give up and start over. This will be a very good replacement. I will watch this and stay in touch. I'd be a player for both as my .308 had a very nice scope attached and obviously I need both.

My Savage .308 seems to have walked away on it's own. I have some leads to it's possible location. But if too much time passes I will give up and start over. This will be a very good replacement. I will watch this and stay in touch. I'd be a player for both as my .308 had a very nice scope attached and obviously I need both.

Sure sorry to hear your Savage grew legs; I hate it when that happens. I'd like to find a new home for this Savage so if your wayward Savage doesn't find its way home then perhaps a new adoption is in order.....let me know.