• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle

bearclaw46

Remington 700 Alaskan Wilderness Rifle in 300 Win Mag from their custom shop. Rifle has a few issues as pics posted but bore is bright and shiny and it shoots really well and other than the pics, rifle is in excellent shape. It's been on 2 or 3 hunts up here in Alaska so there's bound to be some wear. I normally get 3/4" groups with it with 180 Gr Barnes TSX w/fliers out to 1" to 1 1/2", which IMHO, it's probably me not doing my part. Does NOT come with the scope.
These are selling for up to $3000.00+ new from the custom shop. This one is the genI, which did have the B&C stock and "teflon" coating over stainless & no flutes. I've seen these go for $2000.00 and above but I'd like to get $1250.00 shipped to an FFL for this rifle. If you think I'm overpriced on this rifle, please let me know, I have no clue what the going price is on a used Gen I AWS rifle is.

This is the AWRII description which this one seems to match these specs except for the coating & fluted bbl:
The Model 700 AWR II is not only a thing of beauty, it is built to endure the harsh, unpredictable land it's named for. The barrel, action, bolt and stainless steel trigger guard and floorplate assembly feature our black TriNyte coating – the most durable and corrosion resistant firearm metal finish available today. It has a custom-turned hammer-forged barrel fashioned with longitudinal flutes that reduce weight and accelerate heat dissipation. Barrels are then mated to "blue printed" actions to achieve our guaranteed accuracy standards. The super-premium Bell & Carlson synthetic stocks have a full-length aluminum bedding block. With this rigid, precise support for the action and barrel, positioning and harmonics are highly regulated to achieve impeccable shot-to-shot consistency. At the squeeze, you'll experience the pinnacle of crispness and control with our Model 40-X™ adjustable trigger that's tuned and set in the Custom Shop at a breaks-like-glass 3 lbs. And the chamberings available are as diverse as your possible pursuits.

rem700awr.jpg

rem700awrtrg.jpg

rem700bbl.jpg

rem700stock.jpg

rem700awrss.jpg

Last edited:
After checking around, in that this is used and has some visible wear, I think I'm pretty much overpriced on this rifle. I'm going to go ahead and lower this to $985.00 shipped to an FFL without the scope. Let me know if anyone is interested. I can ship same day I get payment and an FFL. M/O preferred.

The trigger pull on this IS really nice and this one will shoot sub moa, just takes a good scope. Bore is mint on it in spite of the exterior.

Sorry for overpricing it.

Recent Posts