• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Rem 700 SS DBM .300 Wby with Leupold Mk 4 Mildot & BDC knob

rm76

This is a highly effective, but budget minded, long range hunting package? It is a factory Rem 700 rifle (.300 Wby mag) that has been bedded, barrel free floated, fore-stock reinforced and stiffened, and trigger adjusted to a crisp 3 lbs. The rifle is fitted with a Leupold Custom Shop Mark 4 4.5-14x-40mm with M1 knobs and mildot reticle ($949.98). The elevation knob has been replaced with a custom elevation Bullet-Drop-Compensation knob ($89.95 Kenton Industries) calibrated for 180 grain bullets at MV of 3040 fps. Scope has been fitted with Leupold Alumina Threaded Lens Covers ($80) and scope is mounted with Warne Maxima picatinny bases and 30 mm Maxima rings ($66).
What makes this rifle package a long range hunter is both the ballistics of this cartridge and the mating of this cartridge and load to this scope and BDC knob. With the developed load (or similar commercial load), all one has to do is range the target, dial in the elevation knob to that range (which is marked on the knob in yards), hold cross-hairs on target, and shoot. Ranging can be from a rangefinder or with the mil dots of the scope reticle itself. Alternatively, one can use the mil dots to "hold-over" target instead of dialing the knob and to "hold-off" to compensate for wind drift. I have the appropriate chart.
I am the original owner and all items were purchased new. Rifle has had 173 rounds fired, mostly during load development, and is in excellent condition. I have 45 rounds of custom loaded ammo (180 grain Nosler Accubond bullets) that will go with the package (as well as the reloading dies, load recipe, rifle log, and customized mildot chart). This set-up is sighted in, tuned and ready to hunt. Asking $1,650 plus shipping to your FFL.

300wby.jpg

300wby2.jpg

300wby3.jpg

bdcelevationknob.jpg

Didn't save any targets but best 3-4-shot groups were 0.7 - 0.9 with developed load. Had one 0.4 group with 180gr interlock and one 0.5 with Weatherby 180gr X bullet factory ammo. Several over 1-inch with other various loads. Its not a tack driver, but one of the best factory rifles (after bedding) I've seen in this chambering. Clearly a hunter.

Based on previous inquiries, I prefer not to split this package up. I will have it in the Houston area (actually The Woodlands) this weekend if anyone wants to take a look at it. PM me if interest.

Last edited: