• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Pierce 7mm RSAUM

MattyV

For sale is my Pierce Long action RH Magnum, chambered in 7mm RSAUM.
The bolt has the deep flutes option and a custom knob
Barrel is Krieger 5.5 contour, 25" with 1:9" twist, fluted and threaded 5/8"-24
McMillan Hunters Edge stock, aluminum pillar/devcon steel putty bedded
Surgeon DBM
Timney trigger.
Burnt bronze Cerakote

This gun was barreled by Jim A. at Pierce Engineering when I worked there. He did an amazing job. I took it elk hunting in Colorado two years ago, but ended up getting skunked. I didn't see a single elk. Anyway, since then it has become quite a deer slayer. I put down three does with it this past season in Michigan and had heart shots every time. The closest was at 280 yards and the furthest was no closer than 350 because I couldn't get a range on it. (crappy range finder)

included in the sale are RCBS dies, and 100 Pieces of brass. (50 Nosler/ 50 Remington) 16 of the Remingtons are still loaded with 180gr. Berger Hunting VLD's and 62.0grs. of RL-25.

The Round count on this rifle is 84. I've only used it for hunting, load development and a few groups.

With the Hunters Edge stock this rifle weighs in a 7.4 lbs.

IMG_2768.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg
There is a thread protector for this barrel. I wanted to show the threads though.

IMG_0966.jpg
Out on the mountain side in Colorado. The elk, in the past, have come across that face and give a nice 500 yard chip shot. This particular hunt didn't follow that pattern. At least the views were nice.

IMG_2407.jpg
This is the 5 shot group I shot just minutes before heading out to the stand and shooting the doe in the picture below.

IMG_2402.jpg
The doe I shot at 280 yards.

I am asking $2,900.00 The buyer pays the shipping to an FFL. I accept check or money order. Please allow two days for the check to clear. The rifle will ship the same day the check clears. There will be a two day inspection period. If the rifle is refused, I will pay the return shipping and insurance. Just like my 338 Edge, I hate to see this go, but I need the money.

Bump. Price reduce. $2,700.00 O.B.O. This is a sweet deal on a fine custom rifle.

This is my first post here folks. I went to Gunsmith school with Matt at Colorado School of Trades. I have personaly shot this rifle and will attest to its accuracy and the craftsmanship that went into it. I have on many occasion told my friend not to sell this rifle as it shoots like a benchrest rifle and carries like a mountain rifle. Its the best of both worlds. I know his reasons for selling this hammer. As*much as I believe he should keep this work of art, whomever ends up with it will not be disapointed.

The contour is a krieger 5.5. I'll have to check on the muzzle diameter. It is at work right now and I don't recall off of the top of my head.

Kinda. The rifle is threaded 5/8"-24, but the shoulder diameter is what I believe is in question and I think is is a little bigger than .730"