• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS: Iver Johnson Cycle Works Champion Single Shot Shotgun in 12 ga

md66948

I am selling a very old Iver Johnson Cycle Works Champion Single Shot Shotgun in 12 ga. The action is very tight. Finish is turning brown. I believe this shotgun was made between 1901 and 1904. The barrel is very dirty with what appears to be something caked on the inside. I scrubbed it a little with a brush and bore cleaner and my patches were always dirty. The stock does have some hair line cracks and a piece of the wood butt plate is missing. Ebay has NOS IJ Champion 12 ga. butt plates for sale at $15.00 each.

Over all condition is fair plus.

I got this shotgun 5 years ago when I purchased a very old house. The woman who sold the house was born there. When she was a very young girl her mom came into her room with this shotgun and put it in her closet. Her mom told her her brother had bought it and she did want him to have it and not to tell him it was in the closet. She told the realtor the shotgun has been in that closet ever since and was only removed to paint the closet when her husband and her bought the house.

Price is $100.00 or best offer. Please no trade offers.

Thank You for looking.

Dane