• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS Full Custom 338 Lapua

Korhil78

I can't believe that I am selling this rifle but I just don't have a use for it anymore. I had it as a long-range elk rifle but here in New Mexico it is just so hard to draw a rifle elk tag that I have moved to archery for elk. It has gotten very little use as of late so I may as well sell it to a good home. The rifle is a COMPLETE tack driver. This was my first full custom rifle and the most accurate rifle that I have owned. The specs are below.

338 Lapua Magnum:

Action: Stiller TAC338 single shot (bolt is fluted and comes with a 20 MOA pinned picatinny rail).

Barrel: 26" Fluted Hart barrel in the Sendero Contour (500 rounds down the tube)

Muzzle brake: 4 port magnum Muscle Brake

Trigger: Jewell trigger set at 1.5 lbs

Stock: Mcmillan A3 standard fill with thumb wheel cheek rest.

Total weight of the rifle: approximately 13 lbs without a scope.

This rifle was built by a gentleman by the name of Dan Groves in Wyoming. He did an excellent job. This rifle has shot .3 MOA all the way out to 1300 yards. The rifle will shoot .3 MOA all day. I have killed a bull elk at 740 yards and a Coues Deer at 550 yards with it. It is an absolute hammer. There are a few marks on the stock and the pictures below will show them. The barrel as I have said above has 500 rounds through it but this rifle as been babied as far as shooting goes. I have always let the barrel cool down between shots and have cleaned the rifle every time after shooting it.

IMG_2564.JPG

Marks on the bolt
IMG_2565.JPG

Marks on the stock
IMG_2566.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

As I have said, the rifle is a tack driver. The pictures below are all the proof you need to see! Both of these pictures below are 4 shot groups shot on back to back days at 1300 yards. Awesome gun.

IMG_0575.JPG

IMG_0584.JPG

I am asking $2600 firm for the rifle which I do believe is a very good price for this accurate of a rifle and the components that have been used to make it. I will provide the load data to the buyer to make this thing shoot!

Two shots on the right of the 10" orange circle were shot at 1000 yards. The three shots on the left were fired from 1300 yards.

IMG_0753.JPG

It will shoot this at 100 yards all day but 100 yards is not where this gun should be shot!

Attachments

• IMG_0940.JPG
    IMG_0940.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 8
Can't believe this is still here, that's a great deal on that rifle. I'm short on slush fund cash right now or I would own this. If there are any trades you're looking for shoot me a PM. I would certainly like to try to work out some kind of deal. If not I'll be saving up and if she's still available i'll give you a shout when I scratch up the extra

Wow, those groups at 1000 and 1300 say it all. I would buy this rifle in a heartbeat if I did not already own a custom 338.

Beautiful rifle at an amazing price !

Thanks for the nice comments. I don't guess I will feel too bad if it doesn't sale haha. I had a tear almost well up when I put it up for sale but it just does t get used enough by me to justify keeping it when someone else could get good use of it.

As accurately as it shoots and how much knockdown power those 300 gr bergers produce, someone needs this LR elk rifle.