• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTS 257 STW Savage barrel and Brass, Dies

sinarms

I have a 257STW barrel std shank that has had 18rds down the tube, took the rifle apart to build my 338 Sin and I will be keeping it a Sin for a while.

Barrel: Lothar Walther varmint contour 27 3/4" long SS (cost new $450)

Dies: RCBS 2 die set cost new at midway $142

Brass: Remington 7mm STW Brass mostly new some once fired about 325pcs (I would say about 250 are new) cost new at midway for just the new brass $150

I take trades if they appeal to me, I like 338 SMK bullets, 330 Dakota brass, optics, cz 527's, Savages, Howa's, Model 70's, and many other things. any questions feel free to ask.

$420 plus shipping

Last edited:
Will throw in a box of Nosler 120gr partitions, and Berger 87gr hollow points. Both boxes have been opened but they should be full or almost full.

Whats the twist on the barrel??
I have about 200 rounds of .330 Dakota brass that I might be interested in trading and have to do some thinking on what else I have. About the only thing I would need is the barrel and the dies. The rest I have.
I presume that it would fit a Savage 112 that is a .25-05 right now. Its unfired and I might have a .25-06 Savage Barrel SS fluted to trade or sell.

Last edited:
It is a 1/10 twist. Send me a pm on what you would want to trade for what you want from me. I am sure we can work something out. You would need to change your bolt head on your rifle but it is very easy to do. I might have a spare one too.

I think I will go ahead and take it and then sell my .25-06 barrel off the gun. Sounded like Quackshot might be interested in it.
Also I will be up in your area from the 17th to the 23rd give or take. Spending a week fishing over at Ortonville and will be able to get away and stop at Watertown. Nice thing about fishing is I can leave if it gets a bit slow. We can work out the trade when I get there. Also do you have a shop there and if so please PM me with the location and PH number :) in case I get to wandering off in a wrong direction or something.

Ended up passing on the .257 STW barrel. It was taking me away from the direction I have been trying to go for a long and keep getting sidetracked. I have 3 rifles I'm trying to get loads worked up for right now and just too short on time. I did end up meeting with Devin and he is not the owner of a bunch of .330 Dakota brass and we are going to be working one of my rifles shortly and turning it into a .338 Edge. Just have to keep myself on track here and I will have my edge.
Anyway he deserves a bump here for me not taking the barrel. I looked at it while I was there and if it wouldn't of been taking me away from my goal it would now be on my Savage. It was a good deal.
So BUMP.