• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WTB/WTT 6.5 bullets

sndmn11

I have a 6.5creed rifle that with what I have I cannot get to shoot under 2" at 100 yards. So, I am seeking 10-20 bullets per type of really anything that can be flung-ed at an animal. Accubond, hammer, partition, scirocco, a frame, ttsx, etc. I have good old cash american money dollars or 120gr e-tips and 127gr LRX to possibly trade.

I would be a really happy guy to find 130gr scirocco, 100gr ttsx, or hammers.

I have 20- Barnes 100 gr. Tac-Tx that I'll give you......I may have another 15 or so I could pull if you wanted, I don't use that bullet anymore so the partial box is sitting in the "shootem up pile" PM me your address if interested.

What are you shooting now?

Thanks

Buck

120etip and 127lrx with various jump and those three primers. My wife and I had agreed that nonead would be best to hunt with, but this rifle doesn't seem to play well with those. I did find some 140 speer hot cores last week at the reloading store and tried them yesterday. I made and shot 5, but there was 9 holes in my target and the guy next to me couldn't figure out why his 5 shot group was a single hole....

Before spending lots on hammers, I'd like to try some, but am open now to some of the more sturdy lead bullets like partition, a frame, scirocco, accubond, and would surely try the 100gr ttsx.

120etip and 127lrx with various jump and those three primers. My wife and I had agreed that nonead would be best to hunt with, but this rifle doesn't seem to play well with those. I did find some 140 speer hot cores last week at the reloading store and tried them yesterday. I made and shot 5, but there was 9 holes in my target and the guy next to me couldn't figure out why his 5 shot group was a single hole....

Before spending lots on hammers, I'd like to try some, but am open now to some of the more sturdy lead bullets like partition, a frame, scirocco, accubond, and would surely try the 100gr ttsx.
With the cost of components and being hard too find you will save money on the Hammers in the long run .If your rifle won't shoot a proven load and bullet with a hammer it won't shoot anything More than likely Steve the owner of Hammer bullets can steer you in that direction, good luck.

Barnes bullets have always been a bullet that either your rifle likes or doesn't like. not every gun will shoot them well. Since you are shooting a creedmoor you may want to try 120 ballistic tips or 130 sierra gamechangers and see how they shoot. much cheaper than scirocco's and there really isn't the need for a bonded bullet at creedmoor speeds. just my opinion.

How is your optics??? What scope are you using? Confirm that your mounts are tight and possibly try another scope before spend money and time on bullets and loads. Also check the bolts/screws from your stock/chassis to the action.

I have run through two nightforce, a SWFA, and three Bushnell LRTS.

Action is in a bell and Carlson with the AL chassis block and bedding around the lug and tang. 65inlbs, 35 and 50 have been tried.

Rail is bedded to the receiver.

I have run through two nightforce, a SWFA, and three Bushnell LRTS.

Action is in a bell and Carlson with the AL chassis block and bedding around the lug and tang. 65inlbs, 35 and 50 have been tried.

Rail is bedded to the receiver.
Well optics and hardware is not the issue.
There are many factors in getting accuracy.
That's got to be real frustrating especially trying to work up loads. If there is a mechanical issue with the rifle there is no way you are going to correct by load development.
Even a factory rifle should get better groups with factory ammo.
How does factory ammo shoot?
Are you the original owner?
Did someone build this rifle?
How many rounds through it?
What action, trigger and barrel?
Is the barrel threaded?
Muzzle Brake?
Did you "Bore Scope" the barrel?
Could be the barrel among many things. If you have a good gunsmith in your area have them check the "Crown" and ID of the muzzle. I have heard of even some custom barrels not being finished correctly. I have cutback or just re-crowned barrels that were thought to be shot out and then started shooting cloverleafs.

We had a NEW Winchester Model 70 in 25WSSM. It shot 1"-2" groups out of the box with factory ammo. After the third box it opened up even more. Sent it back to now "Browning" since we bought the rifle right before the buyout from Winchester. Browning tested it and would not send it back to us. Said the rifle was unsafe and we had the option to get an "A" Bolt replacement or refund. Got a refund. So not all new rifles shoot correctly from the factory.
Good luck! Keep us updated on getting some good groups.