• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Tar-Hunt Slug gun bolt action

Sluggunner

Hello,

I am looking to buy a Tar-hunt bolt action slug gun. If you have one you would like to sell please email or message me. Thank you. M.

I don't have a Tar-Hunt, but I have a BNIB Browning A- Bolt 12 ga Slug Gun that I would sell if you are interested,has black synthetic stock. Bought as my back up slug gun, but they changed our Deer hunting laws in Indiana, and we are able to hunt with rifles as long as they are 30 or 243 cal. Weird,but I did not make the law.If interested let me know, my slug gun that I hunt with is the same Browning A-Bolt and it shoots the Remington Accutip slugs under 1" at 100 yards. They are well made slug guns.

Yes, Tar-Hunt was the slug gun to buy at one time, but now that the Browning A-Bolt slug gun, or even the Mossberg models, are available, I wouldn't spend the money. Tar-Hunt worked closely with Hastings, which had stuck to the old 1,450 fps heavy slugs in their ammo manufacturing. A new A-Bolt with the new high velocity sabot rounds will cost you 1/3rd the price, and shoot just as well.