• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: Spotting Scope - Kowa TSN-884, Meopta S2 82/Cabelas EuroHD

Status
Not open for further replies.

laxdad

My hunting partner is looking for a new spotting scope and im sick of loaning him my Swaro. He has a limited budget, but he has narrowed his selection down to three options.

Looking for one of the three in a gently used / very clean condition.

Kowa TSN-884 body with a TE-11WZ lens
Meopta S2 82 Straight and preferably with the 20-70 lens
Cabelas Euro HD (Meopta S2 rename) 20-70 x 82 Straight

Shoot me PMs with pics and pricing.

PM me for email and cell if that is easier.

go to cabelas, they usually have one or 2 of them in the bargain cave, cheapest you will find the meopta would be around 1600, which is a smoking deal. We use meopta now the glass is so good! thats your best bet. or call cabelas and talk to someone in the bargain cave and see what they have. Springfield, Oregon had 3 in the case last I checked but they go quick!!

Kasey

Hes got $1300 or so, so he is in the price range ball park. Do you ever get nervous buying out of the bargain cave? I guess its no different than here, but ive seen some guys just trash something, save the box and return it to cabelas. I know the bargain cave is ince purchased there are no returns.

Not really in the ballpark if he's 300 short. They won't sell something that's been damaged badly, I got mine oiut of the bargain cave and it works awesome, and looked brand new

He is in the ball park as im willing to throw some money in to help him out if i need to. He is a great guy and would do the same for me. Just trying to find a good deal for him.

im not going to see him lose a deal over a couple of hundred dollars right now. he has bigger things to worry about.

Thanks for the bargain cave feedback. I called the post falls location and while they dont have one in the bargain cave, they also don't have tax. The guy i talked to was very helpful and he thought at the customer appreciation sale i might be able to get it close to $1699 brand new out the door. He thought last year they did the $1999 price with 15% off after they closed and allowed the "Special customers" in.

Hoping I can find a used one though before that considering that sale is after we go hunting, but a deals a deal.

Been hitting up a couple stores, but trying to keep it close to not deal with poor fuel milage in my 7.3 lol.

Anyone have a line on a good cared for used Kowa?

That is the one he really wants and id really be willing to help him on.

The Euro / Meopta is plan B.

Although I hope your friend finds a spotting scope at a good deal, I think he has his sights and hopes set a little out of his price range if his first choice is a Kowa. The Kowa 884 is hovering around $2500 just for the body, no eye piece. Great scopes, just pricey. I have one and its great, wish I could have found one for $1600. Good luck, BK

Actually eagle optics has the whole setup brand new shipped for about $2500. If new is $2500 then I dont think $1500-2000 is out of reason for a used one.

Either way, im just waiting to hear any offer out there. If not ill be helping him get the Cabelas Euro at the customer appreciation sale later this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.