• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB Remington Sendero or 700P 7Rem Mag

cavtrooper94

I would like a 7mm Rem Mag Sendero or 700P, I havn't completely decided yet but price may help me decide. I havn't ruled out a used gun as long as the barrell was broke in properly. Also please note any modifications made to the rifle. The only one I can think of being a nice addition would be a jewel trigger already installed.

Thanks Yallgun)

I've decided on a standard 700P 7mm Rem Mag. Can anybody help? The only one I have found was priced well over $1,000

2 months ago I let one walk for $650 and I'm still kicking myself, but I was hoping to stay in the $800 range. Prices have gotten so outragous I'm not sure what reasonable even is anymore.

Just the rifle. I have a Huskemaw scope I want to mount on it. I also want to use Talley one piece mounts, so if you have those I would be interested, other than that, just the basic rifle.

I am using Leupold Dual Dovetail with 1" rings. I will try and get you some pictures of the 700P (7mmRemMag) that I have. It's not brand new but I have only shot it approx. 162 times. I bought the rifle lightly used from WT's Guns in Goldsboro, N.C. The store gave me the previous owners name/number and he swore he only shot two boxes of factory ammo through it. He said, "it's too da#$ heavy for me". I talked at length with the guy and felt he was being honest with me.
Let me know what you're thinking. JohnnyK.

The scope I plan to use has a 30mm tube so the bases and rings wouldn't be needed. Like I had already wrote I'm not against a used rifle as long as it has been taken care of, most importantly the barrel. What kind of accuracy has this rifle shown. I plan to shoot 168 gr VLD's, and after much work hopefully be proficient at 1000yds. Does it still have the factory trigger? I don't mind used, but it leaves a great unknown into how the rifle will perform. Can you send pictures?

I can say the barrel has been taken care of since I've had it. I'm not sure whether the previous owner even knew what a proper barrel break-in was but I don't think that two boxes of factory ammo would hurt a barrel. I followed the procedure that I always do; shoot and clean after every shot for the first 10-15 shots, then clean after every three shot group for the next 21 shots. Then clean after every 15-20 shots, thereafter let accuracy, or lack there of, dictate cleaning. Never let the barrel get hot with at least 3 minutes between shots (more on warmer days).
I have not had a lot of luck getting the 168gn VLD's to shoot in this rifle. If I had approached load development with this bullet more methodically the results may have been better. The powders with their respective accuracy (and bullet) that I have tried are;
H4831SC/.8" (168gn SMK/only about 20 bullets)
RL22/.3835" (150gn NBT)
VihtaVuori N560/1.0" (154gn Hornady SST)
RL22/.4525" (140gn TSX; 6 rds)
IMR7828/1.0" (168gn VLD)
Retumbo/.906" (168gn VLD)
RL22/1.0" (168gn VLD)
ViVu N560/.2935" (168gn VLD).
I tried the last load again 3 weeks after the initial testing and got a .7" group. This testing was done in December, in Washington state. The day of the first test it was 32 deg. with scatter snow showers, the second test it was between 50-60 deg. and sunny. Temperature and humidity surely played havoc with load development.
I'm currently getting sub .5" groups with 150gn NBT and IMR4350/9.5M OAL:2.6735". Velocity is averaging 3199fps and I shot a 4.5" group at 560yds with this load. The trigger is factory and runs about 3lbs. I had planned on putting a Rifle Basix on it if I kept it. Will get pictures ASAP. JohnnyK.

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1943.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

Here ya go....JohnnyK.