• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED wtb remington 700 bdl 8mm rem mag bolt

legion27

my father passed away and i inherited his beautiful 8mm his pride a joy.
i cannot locate the bolt ,prob his ex threw it away?????????????????

Ptg has bolts bring it to a smith to have it timed and check headspaced and enjoy

I hope you find it. I have an 8mm rem mag. Killed truckloads of elk, several bears, a dall sheep and more mule deer and antelope than you can shake a stick at. I LOVE that weapon...it's a shame we cant get any reasonably priced High BC bullets for it compared to other calibers.

thanks for your replies guys . still no luck i hear a 7mm bolt will work any one?
maybe ill have to send to remington sucks but i need to get this done

Do not buy a bolt, insert and load the rifle and fire one off. Any bolt needs to be headspaced with a new barrel. Remington will soak you plenty if you send them the rifle for a bolt. Get a PTG and have your smith fit it up.

Any of the long action magnum bolts will work but you will need to have the headspace checked

Do not buy a bolt, insert and load the rifle and fire one off. Any bolt needs to be headspaced with a new barrel. Remington will soak you plenty if you send them the rifle for a bolt. Get a PTG and have your smith fit it up.

I'd call them and compare prices. I bet by the time you pay a gunsmith to fit a PTG bolt Remington will be cheaper. I lost 3 bolts out of 3 rifles 15+ years ago and it cost me about 125-150 each to have them replaced. I know it will cost more now but look at the cost of a PTG bolt and the minimum charge from a gunsmith. It will be probably be over 350 for a 1 piece PTG bolt.

thanks for the replies everyone
i live in canada and im not sure if there is laws that interfere with me ordering a bolt from ptg a US company? ive talked to a smith close to my home and he said he can build one for me and do all the neccessary adjustments.