• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB *** Redfield Accu-Range 3x-9x scope ***

Dave King

I have a new pet project (or two or three /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )!

I'm building two replica Marine Corps M40A1 early era rifles (1977-1981). For these two rifles to be correct (in my way of thinking) they should have the Redfield scope.

The scope(s) I'm searching for are the Redfield Accu-Range 3x-9x. These have a round view but apparently some also had a "TV" view... I'd prefer the round view version.

These scope are marked on the left of the turret area with:

3x-9x
Redfield 1" Tube

3x-9x1inredfield.jpg

(Sorry about the fuzzy image... it was the best I could find on the net.)

The reticle is a ranging version with two stadia lines near the top and a standard cross-hair. Just to the right of center bottom is a "tombstone" looking affair numbered from 200 to 600.

Accu-Range-reticle.jpg

I'm a fairly generous person and will pay or trade well for a scope (or two) of this type in good shape.

Thanks

P. S. If you have one of these on a rifle I'd consider buying you a new Leupold scope to replace yours if you'd trade.

Update

Any 3x-9x Accu-Range scope (non-wideview) will be correct, the 1" tube marking is no longer a requirement for me.

Dave
I have one of these it has a few small battle scars on the right side of the objective bell.It is moumted on a pre 64 M70 30-06 which I haven't used for hunting in a long time. I would be interested in a trade if you could use this scope.Old Bear

Did you fella's get these PMs ??

My PM counter doesn't seem to increment with PMs sent.

Just in case they didn't go.

Old Bear:

I'll take the scope if its the round Accu-Range only model but we'll need to figure out what it's worth, it may be more than you or I suspect. I any case I'll take it once we work it out so you get what it's correctly worth.

Bill:

I'd like to discuss your scope too if it's the Accu-Range only model. I'll send an email today.

POP

As I state and understand these scopes.

The Accu-Range portion is the double stadia and "tombstone" range numbers used in conjunction with the power ring.

The Accu-Trac portion is the elevation turret with the BDC dials and such.

Some scope are only Accu-Range with standard non-BDC turrets (short standard elevation and windage caps). The user must determine a holdover or holdunder as the standard method did not allow the operator to adjust the elevation.

As shown in this following picture.

greenredfield-correctm40.jpg

Some scopes are Accu-Range and Accu-trac, these have the tall elevation knob as shown in the below picture.

The operator first determined the range (Accu-Range) then adjusted the BDC elevation turret (Accu-trac) to the indicated range.

3X-9X_Accu-Trac.jpg

The rangefinding reticle with the yardage tombstone also came in a Plex. You might want to verify the exact reticle you want if it matters to you.

BB

All the depictions I've seen of the correct era are the thin wire, no plex versions that I've seen.

PM test to you to check the system.