• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB: PO Ackley Handbook for Shooters and Reloaders Vol. 1 and 2

inkballedtarget

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this thread or not (read Rookie).

I am quite the fan of the 220 swift, and I am getting into reloading for the swift.
Id like to see if I can get my hands on Vol I and II and see what Mr. Ackley had to say.

Im sure its a long shot, but if you have copies of either that you would like to sell, or could point me in the direction of where I can acquire copies, shoot me an email please.

[email protected]

Thanks!

Calvin

Vol 2 in stock. Vol 1 sold out. I just checked. Hurry and grab the vol 2 before it sells out too! I believe there is an extensive article on hunting with the swift in vol 1 if my memory serves me right. Of course it's out of stock. After buying those books I went out and purchased a swift myself!

I have both vol. and won't part with them! They are a treasure trove of info. It's interesting to see how many of the "new" cartridges are almost perfect clones of ones already made, many years ago. Mr. Ackley had quite an opinion on several cartridges. Some really good reading. Good luck in your search!

GREAT BOOKS!! i have them both. They can be hard to find.I got mine 20 years ago. Seen them going for hundreds of dollars.Good luck..

I have volume 1 of P.O. ackley handbook for shooters and reloaders that i would sell.

Thanks
David F.

I have volume 1 that i would sell. PM me for details paperback in great condition.

Vol 2 in stock. Vol 1 sold out. I just checked. Hurry and grab the vol 2 before it sells out too! I believe there is an extensive article on hunting with the swift in vol 1 if my memory serves me right. Of course it's out of stock. After buying those books I went out and purchased a swift myself!

Thank you for the heads up!!

Thank you for all of the responses and pms! I think I was able to respond to everyone, if not my apologies! I ended up finding a set of the hard covers, so I snagged them up! I think I would like to get a set of the paperbacks to leave in the reloading room. But before that happens I need to make a tuition payment...... Soo I'll be getting back to y'all!

Thanks again,

Calvin

Calvin, 2506shooter has a good memory. I don't so I looked it up. In vol.1 starting on page 73 is an enlightening story on the Swift. You're gonna enjoy those books, there's so much "old" info that's still valid today. Congrats on finding them and be sure to thank whoever told you about them!

Calvin, 2506shooter has a good memory. I don't so I looked it up. In vol.1 starting on page 73 is an enlightening story on the Swift. You're gonna enjoy those books, there's so much "old" info that's still valid today. Congrats on finding them and be sure to thank whoever told you about them!

Will do!! I am very excited to get my hands on them and read what Mr. Ackley's thoughts were on the swift!

I have a feeling by the time I am finished with them I may "need" and Ackley Improved....

I have an opportunity to pic up a 700 VSSF II 220 Swift AI. Im not sure that I can justify it right now. Its not going anywhere, so maybe in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to everyone!

Hers a question I had...

Does the information in the books change from the books that were printed in the 50s vs the books that were released later? Is there any additional charts or sections?

Thanks,
Calvin

Should be no changes, it's a re-print. There's been a lot of "re-inventing the wheel" when it comes to cartridges. These books will show what I mean. The info contained may be old, but only new powders and bullets have done most of the changing. There's a wealth of info to glean from these books that is just as applicable today as it was back then.