• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB**inexpensive equipment

cheddar

Hey guys. New here. I am looking for reloading equipment. I want to start reloading for my new long range rifle as well as my pistol. I currently have nothing. I have been shyed away from Lee products on another forum, but I really don't know what I'm looking for. I am out of work at the moment(thanks to Chrysler) so I have to try and be cheap. Let me know guys.
pm or email me at [email protected]

THANKS!

Get a used RCBS Jr. Maybe 40 bucks
Get some kind of a decent balance scale, I use a 45 year old Lyman Ohaus.
Get a set of Lyman shell holders that has the cartridge you are using.

Get a small bowl for holding powder
Get an aluminum set of measuring spoons for dipping powder from the bowl to the scale.

Get some dies, I'd suggest standard stuff unless you have a special neck dimension.

That's as basic and as inexpensive as one can get. When I started that's pretty much all there was. I still have the stuff though I have another set of stuff that has evolved over the years.

The next "stuff" you will need is a case length gage (caliper) and trimmer as your cases may grow. Too long is a bad thing. Keep 'em short if in doubt.

Oh, a primer pocket cleaner (a real one or a proper size bonanza screw driver)

And, turn of the fan, A/C when weighing powder.

You can then upgrade you equipment in accordance with your personal desires and needs.

I keep my "old stuff" around to start new guys/gals with. I have a session where they get familiar with the "tools" then I loan it to them until they get on their feet.

HTH

I have a spare Lyman balance beam scale you can have if you want it. Let me know.

I was able to find a press. I am currenty holding for more funds to come. I finally found a job. I've been working for a week now. I will let you guys know when my search continues...Thanks.