• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED wtb Badger rings

I've got a set of 'Max 50' 30mm, but they are standard height, which I think is lower than medium in the BO system. Ideal for a 40mm scope (on a heavy barrel), but don't know think they'd accommodate a 50mm or bigger objective on a heavy barrel.

Excellent condition, but way overkill for my needs, being an inch wide with 6 screws apiece. Anybody else want to buy or trade, fire away.
smile.gif

Ideally, I'd like to swap them for a set of standard BO rings, with just 4 screws each. How can you tell if you have Badger rings? They are serial numbered, with sets having matching numbers, as they are machined in pairs to nearly perfect tolerances. No numbers, then they're not Badger brand.

A little over kill for what I had in mind also. The scope is a 50mm m1 and a Remington LTR.
Maybe some one out there could help us out with a set.

By chance do you need a Badger (tapered, 20 moa) base for that rifle?

I've got at least one extra, for Rem 700 SA, with multi-slots (Picatinney configuration) in typical high-quality Badger fashion.

It comes in the original box, barely used, for $105.00 shipped USPS Priority Mail if you want it.
smile.gif

pmd,

Thanks for the link! That looks like the same brand I have on my 7RUM sold through Champions Choice. You're right, it IS a good base setup - solid & repeatable.

I was hoping that Badger had gotten into the game too, since I'm a fan of their rings & other bases. Oh well, it doesn't hurt to wish I guess.

GSP, looks like I've got a surplus set of Badger medium rings (with 1" inserts too if you want them). The Max 50s are still available, too, but I've decided to use Kelbly rings on my 1,000y rifle, instead of the BO 'mediums', regular style, that are on it now. Just a little too heavy to be sure that I will make Light Gun for the NBRSA nationals in Byers, CO this year, and I'm not gonna drive 1,200 miles just to be told my rig is overweight.

So, if you or anybody still needs a set of Badger Ordnance 'medium' rings (4 screws per, with matching serial numbers, in excellent condition), I got em.

And now I've got two bases available. One like new in box, and the other in excellent condition, no box. Both are the type that fit Rem 700 Short Action (right hand), one piece w/multi squared (Picatinny) slots. These do not have the left side drilled and tapped for mounting iron sights, etc. (That's a piece of gear by another mfg...)

Dusty, I still have at least one of the BO bases and the regular height Max 50 rings (which fit a 30mm scope tube) are available.

Thanks.