&WSM short barrel help

Ksmirk

Fella's I need a touch of assistance if you would be so kind. I have a 7WSM with a 20" barrel, it's an SP that's why it's short. Went out this weekend for some load develpoment and all I had was Retumbo powder so I'm guessing this powder is just too slow for the barrel length. If anyone is bored and has Quickload would they be so kind as to run some numbers for me so I can figure out a powder? I'm guess something like RL-19 or RL-17 but heck there are so many different powders these days I find it hard to keep up. Here's what I have,

Winchester brass
Hornady 162 A-Max
Federal 215 primers
COL is 3.000"

The Retumbo loads I stopped at 70.5gr and that gave me 2782fps and a heck of a muzzle blast or that's what the guys a couple of tables over were telling me :)

I'd appreciate it if someone would be kind enough to run the numbers for me I'm not used to these short barrels but after this weekend I can tell it's going to be fun. Later,

Kirk

I've used r17 and got good speed, and I have heard of people using h1000 so I got some to try, just working too much...

I looked for the PM you send me on that but I guess I lost it somewhere! shoot me a PM with your load info if you'd not mind for the RL17 I've got some that I tried in my 284. Later,

Kirk

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.