World record group

Many folks and I enjoy reading threads that promote "All" kinds of shooting sports is welcome I would think.

Would that record shot group do good at longer distances,,, "most of us would say yes.

The" whole" lot of "All" kinds shooting benefits us in one way or the other. Those that disagree can move along since they are allowed their own opinions of what works for them.

The rest of us that are opened minded gain from this stuff.

Today I'm going out too our range too get my *** beet by a X-pat that shoots a old school Enfield open sights free hand.

He might be 80+ years young, but there are very few in our area that can match his abilities with rifles costing 7X's the worth of his set up.

Don

The pistol comment was sarcasm, 20 yrs active duty turned me into a smart ***, did you really take that **** literally ? And *** does underestimating another shooter have to do with anything ????? That group and that gear represents zero knowledge that can be used in a long range hunting application, with the exception that u have to find some one that can run a lathe and screw on a barrel, and those dudes are everywhere not that hard to find. We pick certain projectiles, velocities and twist rates to an end goal of terminal performance at distance on game.
where do you think those barrels bullets vel got tested at JIM BOB GROUND MOUSE HUNTING, HELL NO THE BR GUYS GET **** BEFORE YOU EVEN KNOW IT EVEN EXIST FOR TESTING, I remember when Sierra sent out the 30 cal 250 gr SMKs to Penn 1000 yd BR club for testing I was there when everybody was gettin them from Sierra for testing free, if you have ever been to a match you may learn something, take your rangefinder and cell phone away then make that 900 yd shot on the elk

where do you think those barrels bullets vel got tested at JIM BOB GROUND MOUSE HUNTING, HELL NO THE BR GUYS GET **** BEFORE YOU EVEN KNOW IT EVEN EXIST FOR TESTING, I remember when Sierra sent out the 30 cal 250 gr SMKs to Penn 1000 yd BR club for testing I was there when everybody was gettin them from Sierra for testing free, if you have ever been to a match you may learn something, take your rangefinder and cell phone away then make that 900 yd shot on the elk
W

You know not what you speak of !
You have no clue who or what I am,
Your assumptions are way off base
You have absolutely no clue what my experience or knowledge base is. And any asshat that would engage a living target ( other than one that is shooting back at you ) without tech in his kit is a f---ing tool. Again i say some cat shooting a small group after who knows how many sighters with a
Platform that that is neither set up or utilized for long range first shot cold bore engagements interests me not, nore do I think it coralates to my skill set. That's my opinion and IDGAF if you agree or not.

W

You have absolutely no clue what my experience or knowledge base is. And any asshat that would engage a living target ( other than one that is shooting back at you ) without tech in his kit is a f---ing tool. Again i say some cat shooting a small group after who knows how many sighters with a
Platform that that is neither set up or utilized for long range first shot cold bore engagements interests me not, nore do I think it coralates to my skill set. That's my opinion and IDGAF if you agree or not.
W

????????????

The funny thing about this is that no one on this forum has their name attached to this world record group.

The reasons for this is because no one at that time could beet that record.

Strange too think that at that time in space when the population of 5 ish + billion humans that only 1 person could pull this off. It took 50 years too see the record book change.

There were only a select few that could pull this off, but even they did not get the notary too this because the closet they could come too was 2nd place on down.

Having a grouping close too this in the top 500 to 2000 would be something too be very proud of I'm sure,,, but in all reality there is only room at the top for "1" name in that record book.

Its always easy too throw rocks at others even though they sit behind the computer talking with out that accomplishment attached to their credits.

The reason we know this is because those chatting can't match this accomplishment,,, if they could,,, would it not be their name on the title of this group...

I can only speak for my self...

"I'm humbled and hounered too of cross paths with a few humans that push their limits beyond the norm. With out this pedestal of accomplishment, then how can I set the bar of achievements for my self.

If I have nothing too go off of, then I become Bland and stagnant.
Is this the way I choose too live my life".

Goal sett'ers in life is what I need, it forces me too try my best, pushes my limits, and I shows me that someone actually accomplished a goal too rise above the rest when the line in the sand is at its "thinnest."

As mentioned in my above post, those of us trying too gain a spot in the drivers seat will use this world record group "idea" too advance at our own lives in some way shape and forum.

I know I will.

Don

W

your a man and guess what we are all alike, some think other wise but when it comes down to it we all eat and **** the same way. from dust you were made and dust when you die

I would like to win the Powerball, just like those who eventually did.
Obviously doing so would not be an achievement, but simple probabilities.
So making such an event -a goal, is irrational, and it would get me no closer to winning. In the mean time, I can research/invest in land, and develop it, with a goal of turning a profit down the road. Maybe I could achieve that. And I could do so without dividing my resources to a pipe dream.

For hunting, my goal is a 95% kill rate on groundhogs to 600yds. Maybe others here have similar goals, it's a LR HUNTING site. I already know that a 100yd BR anomaly in grouping contributes nothing toward this goal, because of the different bullets(it all begins there) and basic field accuracy -vs- preconditioned precision in play here.
Sure, it's always fun to look over an occasional ragged hole group, but I won't ever lose a sense of reality in that.

Again, it's interesting, that's all.
I'm not bashing the posting of it, but I can **** sure discredit any connection to what WE do here. Starting with a bullet, and working toward an achievable goal, no dots connect.

Michael Stinnett is more than just a one time world record 100m bench rest shooter form looking up the information on him.

He shoots a few different classes of bench rest, but he spend countless hours and days learning this this stuff.

Apparently he is pretty skilled at reading the winds, and he can get off 5 shots pretty fast,,, ok,,, real fast.

Michael is a marks-man too the highest degree just like many of us that use many different firearms for different things.
Yes that he has this claim to fame, but there is much more too him than just one thing.

Reloading, coming up with rifle building projects, finding how ways too make it all work together, and battle the winds and conditions when he shoots distance.

His claim to fame in other areas in the firearms world has not happened yet, but if he continues on the path he's on,,, there is a chance that he might brake another record at something else some day.

None of us know this as even Michael Stinnett dosen't him self,,, but one could imagine that with his vast skill set and determination that if anyone can pull something like this off, then there is a possibility that he could improve on where he left off,,, or take on another challange in this world of endless possibilities.

Don

It's not folks fault for not seeing the larger idea behind things as (We) only focus on the one "event or thing" that might not be in-line with what (we) "might" be doing our selves or on our own path being a Marksman or becoming one. LOL,,, I have many many years too go if I'm on this path of "ones self gratitude and personal satisfaction stuff.

Is it that (we) / I forget too see how many of the master marks-men got too where they are today, what others related and none related things did they do too end up where they are in the record books.

I'm guessing that (All) of us have some claim to fame in one way or the other,,, and what path lead us too where we are.

I share this larger picture idea,,, same as J E and many others share in information that benefit those of us that choose. Those that could care-less can move along since no one is forcing them too read this thread.
It's ok that some don't get it, and that it has no bearings on what they are choosing to do in their life time of adventures...

But the rest of us that look at the larger picture of the challenges in front of these shooters, the person they worked to become, and how they got too where they are is interesting too those of us that "choose" to expand on our own quest.

It's ok that a select few are not able to see any relevance in some things, purhaps in other stuff it's possible,,, doo-noo as I'm not other people as I'm only my self.

Any-who,,, my path in life is limited, what accomplishments I achieve along the way are mine, being able too cross reference stuff moves me forward.

Hard to believe that firearms took me to archery, and archery brought me back to firearms. Ha.

50+ years on my path as I'll take what ever info I want and limit the stuff I can work with out,,, but some where deep inside my files is a cash of information awaiting its time when it might be needed.

That all for today as I've launched 400 rounds over the 4 days on my 2 newer rifles as I challange my skill set for the 2018 F Class thing.
Lots of field time, reading vasts amounts of info, and putting this into my human files for the day when its needed.

The Don might only have one thing,,, but it took many things too make the Don.

Always pal Don from Western Canada the small town boy

Gents, why is everyone so heated? JE just posted something cool.

I remember JE posted something about aerial hog hunting from helicopters, and I didn't like it or agree with it. But I didn't crap on his post. He brings a lot to the table and helps this forum out a ton. I am 1000% sure he wasn't intentionally attacking anyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.