Work and a little Hunting June 27-29

HRstretch

About 12 friends got together to help paint a hunting lodge of the gentelman that lets us hunt hogs at his deer lease southeast of Dilley. We arrived Thursday night, unloaded all the tools and gear got a little sleep. Awoke the group at 5 AM to get the first hunt out of the way so the work could begin.

For the weekend we put on 43 gallons of paint and still need another 40 gallons. Replaced 6 sheets of T-111 siding and need to replace three more but bees got in the way. Powerwashed three other trailers, replaced a ceiling in two rooms trimmed trees down several Senderos and still got to shoot 13 hogs.

It was hot and a lot of water was cosumed but no one got hurt so it was a really good weekend. The pigs were seen but seem to be on a different pattern. they also must be more nocturnal because we had to wait until dark for most of the shots. We did shoot more bigger boars this time then any time before. I guess the heat has everything shut down, this was the first time we hunted this time of year at this place. This makes 132 hogs taken off this place and still groups of 40 to nearly 100 hogs were seen this weekend.

PICT0019-1.jpg

Shot witha 22-250 at 130 yards high shoulder shot about 210 lbs

PICT0024-1.jpg

Same pig 22-250 exit wound 50 grn Hornady A-max at 4037 FPS

PICT0025-1.jpg

An eve hunts results

PICT0029.jpg

The bigest tusk of the weekend

PICT0034.jpg

Same big boar

glad to see someone has had time to shoot some piggies i sure have'nt. looks like you had a good time and got quite a bit of work done to boot. i built a deck and covered patio at the ranch last weekend and today so my mother could sit outside during the evenings. i'm going to have to shoot a few pretty quick freezers getting low on pork

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.