Wonder from where or who comes up with these ideas?

Darryle

Read the stock description, 3 dissimilar materials in your long range stock.

0FE6DE10-306A-46B6-A8C4-1AB7194F0C26.jpeg

Now, I understand that they are trying, but how hard is it to look at other manufacturers, the industry as a whole and come up with processes that are mainstream or even ground breaking. I know they are trying, but, honestly how hard are they trying?

I love my Mossberg 930 HD shotguns, after I go thru them thoroughly and polish or debur any rough spots and then after having Steve Rose thread the heavy walled barrels for invector choke tubes, they will put 9 pellets in a paper pie plate at 60ft and all 9 in a 8" plate at 75ft.

American fudd manufacturers haven't "got it" in the past, don't get it now, and will be very unlikely to get it in the future.

Yet for $600, folks will be happy if it simply functions.

Last week I had a guy here for training, and he showed up with a brand new Fierce Firearms rifle in 6.5 PRC, which I think he said he paid $3000 for. It would not eject a single case. Not one... and it shot 1.2 MOA at the very best. Luckily he had a Christensen ridgeline in 6.5 PRC that shot very well and functioned flawlessly for the duration of his training. I love prepared students. Guy showed up with 2 rifles and 3 scopes I think.

So a $600 factory rifle that functions and shoots sub-MOA should make folks happy. At least it's got a threaded muzzle! ;)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Read the stock description, 3 dissimilar materials in your long range stock.

View attachment 408434

Now, I understand that they are trying, but how hard is it to look at other manufacturers, the industry as a whole and come up with processes that are mainstream or even ground breaking. I know they are trying, but, honestly how hard are they trying?

I love my Mossberg 930 HD shotguns, after I go thru them thoroughly and polish or debur any rough spots and then after having Steve Rose thread the heavy walled barrels for invector choke tubes, they will put 9 pellets in a paper pie plate at 60ft and all 9 in a 8" plate at 75ft.
It would amaze you how many guys will buy these, shoot them a bit at 200-300 yards and then make claims that they will run head to head all day with full custom rifles in the $3000-$4000 range even though thats totally laughable. Get a dozen emails a week from guys asking about the cost if my rifles and then saying thats just way to high as they can get a long range factory rifle for less then $1000. Knowing they likely do not have the need for one of my rifles and would not use them in a way to see the huge difference at longer ranges, i let the conversation die there……😏

I'm just trying to come up with any reason why a wood core makes sense. I can't imagine it is a cost saving measure and dissimilar materials are begging for separation issues. I've purchased cheap rifles before and none of them are still in my safes other than a Ruger 10/22. That Ruger is my dedicated armadillo rifle right now.

It would amaze you how many guys will buy these, shoot them a bit at 200-300 yards and then make claims that they will run head to head all day with full custom rifles in the $3000-$4000 range even though thats totally laughable. Get a dozen emails a week from guys asking about the cost if my rifles and then saying thats just way to high as they can get a long range factory rifle for less then $1000. Knowing they likely do not have the need for one of my rifles and would not use them in a way to see the huge difference at longer ranges, i let the conversation die there……😏

My brother has one of those buddies, we all grew up together and last time he went up to their cabin his buddy was telling a bunch of people there that with his new rifle he could beat me in a shooting competition out to 600 yards which is the max for their cabin.

Which was laughable because I had just shot a clay pigeon at 1038 yards with my custom 6.5 PRC and his savage axis in 6.5 creed didn't even eject shells right because of a burr in the chamber.

I'm just trying to come up with any reason why a wood core makes sense. I can't imagine it is a cost saving measure and dissimilar materials are begging for separation issues. I've purchased cheap rifles before and none of them are still in my safes other than a Ruger 10/22. That Ruger is my dedicated armadillo rifle right now.
Coated wood would be better then most of the plastic stocks being used but why not just show the wood? Probably extremely high quality white pine!! LOL

My brother has one of those buddies, we all grew up together and last time he went up to their cabin his buddy was telling a bunch of people there that with his new rifle he could beat me in a shooting competition out to 600 yards which is the max for their cabin.

Which was laughable because I had just shot a clay pigeon at 1038 yards with my custom 6.5 PRC and his savage axis in 6.5 creed didn't even eject shells right because of a burr in the chamber.
Yes lots of those out there, especially on the web!!

So, were you able to out-shoot him at 600yds?

If it were a cold bore accuracy challenge, anything is possible.
A shooter who put in disciplined testing,, knows what he doing,, might be able to hit his mark with a cheap gun.
Anything is possible once. see it all the time, these world record +4000 yard shot videos posted all over….. legit for sure even though they have to spend a full day shooting at a wall of steel to get one to fly into the target and claim a world record.

in the world of land speed records, only way to set a world record is to match or beat that speed on the next run……. Should be the same standard in shooting, if its legit, do it twice in a row.

i admit that some factory rifles can do very well and are good enough for most shooting and hunting, always said that, but to compare factory rifles in general to top end full custom, purpose built rifles is silly.

Anything is possible once. see it all the time, these world record +4000 yard shot videos posted all over….. legit for sure even though they have to spend a full day shooting at a wall of steel to get one to fly into the target and claim a world record.

in the world of land speed records, only way to set a world record is to match or beat that speed on the next run……. Should be the same standard in shooting, if its legit, do it twice in a row.

i admit that some factory rifles can do very well and are good enough for most shooting and hunting, always said that, but to compare factory rifles in general to top end full custom, purpose built rifles is silly.
Yeah, and once you go the route of "custom" then you will never go back to factory offerings…my case anyway.

Yeah, and once you go the route of "custom" then you will never go back to factory offerings…my case anyway.
thats what i tell people the first time they have a really quality trigger installed on a factory rifle. Tell them, "now this will likely cost you a great deal of money because every trigger you own will need to be replaced after using this one!!" 😁