Wolf caliber and round?

Awesome stuff Brent... how does shooter app compare both rounds when they have the same zero sight in points of 250 yds?

.... wolf stud ...LOL.. I like that Reemty.... that should be on a T-Shirt

...156 Berger at 2950 best group 9/16" 3 shot at300 yards .... that is a Dad Gum Good Group.
I'm not following you on this one. Both are same zero for comparison purpose.

Oh they are not zero'd at 250.
Now I'm confused because the 2915 fps says it's zero is -1.6 @ 250 and the 3100 fps says -0.4 @ 250 yds

It made me think that they were not both at the same zeros....Hmmm
oh I have a strange zero so that I can dial based on a formula in my head. I reset it at 200 for you

9F4AB91C-BF34-4025-8866-774D5A88D0AB.png
D0779659-85D9-480B-B13D-D847E2692682.png

Thanks so much Brent, that really helps me see the differences in the drops and drifts more clearly.

On a different note... you sure did mess me up today... in a GOOD WAY... when re-reading this whole thread again and came across your statement on page 4... Literally shooting prs style and speed.
That prs statement made me google it, and now I have just come into the understanding of what I've been missing in the shooting world. You just got me gut hooked in a good way....WOW. I'm not a paper puncher... but a hunter... now it looks like PRS is the Ultimate Way to train for long range hunting... WOW again... I am ALL IN. Now I understand your shooting setup better, and understand your comment about shooting competition. I may live 2500 miles away, but I feel like I'm in your front yard...LOL.

I was going to send you a question today, but this PRS thing makes me ask it even LOUDER.

If you were starting all over today building a long range setup for hunting and packing... and now for PRS... what would you build. What components? Starting fresh? Not as a Billionaire... but with normal cost in mind?

thanks so much. Dan

PS... I almost want to apologize for bugging you so much... but you were the one who woke me up.... so I guess that makes you my Prince Charming....LOL.

Last edited:
Thanks so much Brent, that really helps me see the differences in the drops and drifts more clearly.

On a different note... you sure did mess me up today... in a GOOD WAY... when re-reading this whole thread again and came across your statement on page 4... Literally shooting prs style and speed.
That prs statement made me google it, and now I have just come into the understanding of what I've been missing in the shooting world. You just got me gut hooked in a good way....WOW. I'm not a paper puncher... but a hunter... now it looks like PRS is the Ultimate Way to train for long range hunting... WOW again... I am ALL IN. Now I understand your shooting setup better, and understand your comment about shooting competition. I may live 2500 miles away, but I feel like I'm in your front yard...LOL.

I was going to send you a question today, but this PRS thing makes me ask it even LOUDER.

If you were starting all over today building a long range setup for hunting and packing... and now for PRS... what would you build. What components? Starting fresh? Not as a Billionaire... but with normal cost in mind?

thanks so much. Dan

PS... I almost want to apologize for bugging you so much... but you were the one who woke me up.... so I guess that makes you my Prince Charming....LOL.
Lmao.
I am super happy with my current build and would do it again without question. The only difference is I'd likely opt for the xlr or mpa chassis

bighorn tl3 action. Short. Might consider a titanium if they made one. Due to their lug design I can run small base bolt head to magnum.

I like carbon wrapped barrels for hunting. Been running proof but have a new x caliber in 18" in the way.

chassis. Xlr, mpa for hunting. Mine is a mdt but it's heavily machined to reduce weight.

tbac ultra suppressor. I have a dominus on order. It's shorter and same db level.

leupold vx 6. This can be used for comp but a ffp mil scope is what most use and I have a sightron for that. I ran a nightforce nxs without issue but sfp is tougher when doing barricade transitions and wind holds. For hunting sfp is my preference.

Arca Swiss rail on my rifle and tripod

All good man. Been doing this gig a bit and I'm not anything special that's for sure. I just know things evolve like skill and equipment. You have to invest time and education into too. I've built a pile of rifles, more like assemble, and have learned a lot. I shot 5000 rounds a year for a couple years learning everything the hard way.

5000 rounds a year... double WOW.... WOW.

Thank you so much for all your help Brent. I've been watching PRS beginners videos and reading long range forum stuff all day.... lots of good stuff. I am going to get into that for sure, not as much for the competition aspect as much but for the training to make me a better hunter in real world situations. I never go into the woods without shooting sticks of some type... mostly tall ones that can be quickly broken down... and bipod is always my best platform, but rarely use that position here in the East... mostly when I go West. I can see how PRS can help train a guy to be better in off hand... semi perfect shooting positions... and that is a skill that is always needed, but practiced by few... including me.

I'd have to look up all the parts but I'd say if you're paying just normal off-the-shelf prices you probably want to plan on about 7. That's if you're basically mimicking my set up. Now if you can get discounted prices on a lot of that stuff either through guides and outfitters or law-enforcement and military you can save quite a bit of money

In the end it is a very expensive rifle and it took me a long time and a lot of trial and error. I don't regret the decision at all. I have other rifles that shoot just as well. However this rifle just is made of quality and feels like quality and it repeats itself in accuracy and performance consistently

Recent Posts