Wish list for Ruger

Litehiker

Dear Santa,

I wish Ruger would make a version of their Ruger American All weather stainless steel rifle in a heavy barrel in 6.5 Creedmore.

I wish two twenty year old super models would fall in love with me. (Better forget that one. I'm not wired for 2 20s) hee,hee

I wish I had a new Corvette Z-06 Carbon in electric blue.

I wish I had a Desert Tactical rifle in 3 calibers.

But hey Santa, thanks for what I DO have including:

A Ruger American in 22-250

A beautiful, well educated smarty pants Filipina wife

A brand new Prius V wagon (saves money for ammo ;o)

An HS Precision/Rem action rifle in .300 Win. mag. topped with a Bushnell ERS 3.5 - 21 scope.

I held a ruger American, well took it out of the box and put the bolt in it for a DU banquet, and it felt like Ruger had lubed it at the factory with mud and sand.

Speaking of wish lists???

This is my second choice...I want a Ruger #1, single shot, chambered for a 300 win Mag, with a 30 inch stainless barrel, caliber 7 MM.. Commonly called a 7MM 300 win Mag.

My first choice would be the "CHEYTAC", USA .408 M300 Intervention" Precision Engagment Rifle...

Caliber .408
Effectlive range; 2500 Meters Plus
Barrel 30 inch, 1:13 twist
adjustable match trigger..

www.CheyTac.com

I have it on good authority Santa would give out more rifles if folks wouldn't up and shoot his reindeer first thing.gun)

A brand new Prius V wagon (saves money for ammo ;o)
what's that Prius make for mpg??? what's the 0-60 on that one???
p.s., I've got a Volt...
as to ruger, I wish they hung a bit better barrels on their rifles from the start. Most rugers can be whipped into shape rather easily to do moa, but some like my Pop's 300win m77 just don't like what you want to shoot through them.

Lefty,

My Prius V (the station wagon) gets 38 -40 mpg highway abed 36 mpg city B/C I drive "enthusiastically". It's got the same 1800 cc. engine and electric motor as the regular Prius but is 250 lbs. heavier.
(Full Disclosure: I've "warm rodded" it with a cold air intake, lowering springs, strut tower bar, under body stiffeners, better sway bars, lightweight ENKIE wheels, and many electronic upgrades including lighting. Now it handles.)

Sooo... 0 to 60 is a blinding 7.5 seconds with the "Power" button on. ;o)
Yer Volt is likely much faster being an, EV car. Nothing like my son-in-law's Tesla P85+ but still faster than my Prius V.

BTW, Ruger's American rifles, having hammer forged barrels, likely will outshoot the pricier
Ruger centerfire rifles W/O hammer forged barrels. That's what I'm reading in several places online. Plus American rifles are better bedded and have better triggers than the "standard" Ruger rifles. This demonstrates that it ain't all about the price.

The Tesla will beat me by a bit... I'm at 6 seconds 0-60 in sport mode.... no mods as she is leased and I'm not 100% sure I'm picking up the loan yet... I'm over 128 mpg at present for the last two years + (including two road trips) but also burn $20 a month in E that doesn't have any real way to get into the mpg #'s.
My Brother has a Ruger American he is enjoying in '06...

As we discuss various bolt action rifles on this site I wonder how long it will take for us to see a semi-automatic rifle with the same accuracy as the best bolt guns.

I'd just as soon the rifle load itself for a number of reasons including a fast follow up shot. Sure, we get into various gas pistons and other self-loading (and extraction) issues but there are a LOT of solutions already existing. For example, can the straight pull Blazer action be made semi-auto? My guess is yep.

Of course there will still be states like Pennsylvania that prohibit semi-auto rifles for hunting. May be the answer there lies with magazine limitations, as with semi-auto shotguns.

Lefty, my smartass son-in-law's Tesla R85+ can stay with a Porsche Carrera S in a straight line WITH 4 passengers aboard. (Don't even ask how I know this. ;o) I'd put it up against any 4 door sport sedan including a Lamborgini Quattroporte or a Porsche Panamera for speed as well as handling.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.