Winged safety for Remington

N2TRKYS

Who makes a 3-position safety for the Remington M700 and Model Seven? Who has done the swap and how do you like it?

Which one are you looking at? The Recknagel, that NECG sells, is the "top of the line". All require bolt mods, best left for someone familiar with safety installations.

I've used Gentry a couple of times, cant recall the name of the one I put on a Mauser. They aren't drop in, and in my experience not every gunsmith can install them.

I like them.

I've got a Model Seven that I'm thinking about putting it on.
What I ment was, what model of safety are you thinking of using? I'd rethink putting a swing safety on a Model Seven. The Model Seven is a reduced size 700, basically. As such, a swing safety will be (and look) out of place because it is sized for the 700. It'd be a big safety on a small, scaled down action.

I had my gunsmith make this mod on a custom build. One of the best decisions I've made. The smith was Ritchie at high tech customs in Colorado Springs

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts