Winchesters vs kimber

If I were interested in either one of those rifles, I would probably go for the Kimber over the Winchester for accuracy. But I like the looks of the Winchester better (I'm a sucker for stainless with a fluted barrel). But I feel like the Kimber probably has a better shot at being a more accurate rifle, than the larger mass-produced Winchester.

I owned a Kimber in 308 and it was fairly accurate with hand loads. The only reservation I would have in the caliber you are considering is the weight or lack of in the kimber. The 308 gave a bit of a kick. I can't imagine what that would be in 338.

Wow, ouch. Way light for a 338WM. Recoil would be more than I would want to tolerate.

Both are nice, I have a Kimber 8400 Classic I really like,have Winchester FTW's I like. I hunt with the Kimber way more, it fits me better and the action is smoother. I'd probably get the Kimber. I really like the crf and 3 position safeties both have!!!

Wow, ouch. Way light for a 338WM. Recoil would be more than I would want to tolerate.

Both are nice, I have a Kimber 8400 Classic I really like,have Winchester FTW's I like. I hunt with the Kimber way more, it fits me better and the action is smoother. I'd probably get the Kimber. I really like the crf and 3 position safeties both have!!!

I agree. I too have both. I had my Kimber 300WM rebarrelled using a Brux fluted stainless 26" r. Not because the light sporter barrel wasn't accurate but that it heated up so fast when bench shooting. Typical of any sporter rifle. I really like their quality workmanship. Good bedding and smooth action. Good size mag box. The rifle shoots consistent .5 inch groups. very pleased

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.