winchester model 670 action question???

lovdasnow

Hello, I have a model 670 that i have never even shot, a friend had to get rid of it years ago, and I gave him a couole hundred bucks. I have no plans of ever shooting it the way it is set up right now, I have to many other guns that are more fun to shoot.

Question.......is it worth rebarreling, new stock, etc, or do those actions suck? i can't figure out what to do with it? any suggestions? thanks

The 670 is a "no frills" model 70 push feed action. Similar to what was called the "Ranger" models awhile back. I have one in .270 and it's a pretty nice gun. Any post '64 stock will fit it, if you are thinking about rebarreling. The only problem you man encounter is that it has a blind magazine.

thanks for the info...I'm just trying to decide if it's worth rebarreling....can you change it from a blind mag?

You can, but you would have to order the entire floorplate assembly...which I want to say runs ~$125 or so from Winchester.

so thats pretty much not worth it...i only paid $200 for the whole gun. maybe I'll ditch that idea, and save for he nesika...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts