• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Winchester M70 Post 64 RUM Mag Box

Closetohome

Long shot but does anyone have a M70 RUM mag box laying around? I think they were stamped with 1480 on the side. They never made the M70 RUM rifles in left hand so having to convert a standard magnum action over...I have the correct follower but no mag box and Midwest and Numrich have long been out of them.

What is the present cartridge before changing to RUM?
300 Winnie on a Lefty CRF action. My smith opens the rear bridge of the action similar to the H&H/STW with the narrower 0.330" rear scope hole spacing to accommodate the longer cartridge. He did it with my 375 RUM and it feeds perfect...just starting a new project and it makes it easier with the windowed RUM box to spread the cartridge out a bit.

If you remove the spacer on the 300WM box, the RUM follower should drop right in. Not sure how easy it would be to cut the windows at the top though.

If you remove the spacer on the 300WM box, the RUM follower should drop right in. Not sure how easy it would be to cut the windows at the top though.
I think that is what my smith did on my other one…knocked the spacer out of the ML box but no windows. Might have him do the same but was worth checking for the right one first

I hear ya. I use the RUM follower in the MLS box w/ spacer removed for belted mags. Works great. Haven't played w/ the RUMs on the M-70s. Hope you get lucky.
RUMs are a bit of a different animal on the M70s and take some finesse. Would be best in a longer 3.8" length action but not many CRF options for a lefty that aren't spendy