Winchester brass good enough or not worth it?

I have used Winchester Brass for years. May chamber pressures are high or flatten primers is my standard load pressure. (if you understand what I mean) Most of that brass was purchased years ago. Never had the problem of things being out of shape. Brass weight at that time was lighter than other brass. I generally shot belted mag cases. Stopped the split necks by annealing the cases. I would loose the cases in about 10 to 12 firing do to primers pockets. I also stopped the case stretch by only neck sizing my belted mag cases. That was done by not fully size the necks to the shoulder with belted mag cases. All my cases were flash hole cleaned, neck cut for thickness, and trimer to length. I did sort by case weight at the time. Now move on to Peterson or Lapua brass and volume case weight, and purchase in large quality to last the barrel life.
The bottom line is Long Range Hunting has shown me my errors in the way I was reloading.

From my purchase 2 years ago I had a little more than 10% unusable cases even after trimming and full length resizing. It is the only brass that I've had any problem with out of Hornady, Remington, PPC, Nosler, Lapua, and Starline.

Winchester was willing to do something for me if I send the bad cases back.

Yeah, my win brass is older. Didn't know it fell in quality so bad

Seemed to be around the time they switched from 'blue bag' to the black/red lettering.

I have noticed the decline in quality of Win brass that others have noted. I only buy the NOS blue bag if forced to buy Winchester these days.

Generally if I'm patient I can find R•P, which I prefer- primer pockets seem to last longer for me.

Yes, I like Norma, Lapua and RWS brass as well, but I am just an average hunter... 😉

Haven't used Winchester brass in years. With several unusable cases in every bag, lots of prep work and sorting it isn't worth my time. The price easily indicates the quality and QC involved.

You will have to cull 10-20% but I use it in my 7 wsm and my best load with it shoots 1/8 moa out to 400 yd. works great for me but I have noticed that it seems to have thicker necks than other brands. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it if you can find it.

No point in sorting, does nothing that 99% will ever notice. All about case volume , and weight between brass has nothing to do with volume. Just uniform the brass, trim, neck tension and you are good to go
^^ This ^^
If you are going to sort do case capacity sorting not weight sorting. You really have to fire the brass 1-3 times before you can get consistent capacity.

I stopped using it when I had toss 25% of a bag. Others on here like it. Just buy 50% more than you need and sort it because your going find a bunch that need to be culled. I prefer to buy better quality cuz I hate sorting.

Yes and make sure to trim and deburr all brands of brass before you shoot it.
I was finding 13 to 15 grns different weighing some 284 win brass I necked down too 25-284 trimed turned etc . I was getting some high extreme spreads in velocity that brought it to my attention . I just bought 100 rds of Lapua brass and starting over from now own I'm not waisting my time with win brass unless that's all thats available

I take winchester when I can get it. I cull a few per 100 and run the rest through primer pocket uniformed, debur, and neck turn. They are GTG after that. It's a bit of work but worth it.