Winchester and Jewell

J E Custom

I just installed my first Jewell trigger in a Winchester and was very impressed.

A good friend had me install 5 Jewell triggers (It's an affliction that some get after the first one)
4 Remington's and one Winchester.

The instructions were spot on about issues that could be on the Winchesters and very helpful
on interferences.

There were some issues (Apparently there are differences from one rifle to another) but nothing
that was not doable.

First = the installation was strait forward because the trigger was in a housing (Just like the
Remington) and a great fit on the mod 70 action.

Some inlettind had to be opened up in the stock but it was minor.

Clearanceing the trigger guard required more to clear the Jewell front and back.

After installing all 5 triggers they were set at 1.5 pounds and I could tell no difference between
the Winchester and the Remingtons.

Jewell has done it again !! It is as good a trigger as I have ever seen on a Winchester and
is the cure for many poor ones.

I just thought I would let everyone that has a Winchester with a not so good trigger there was
something available that with a little modification to the rifle can cure your problems.

Now if they will just build a Weatherby trigger.

J E CUSTOM

(It's an affliction that some get after the first one)

I know what you mean sure will spoil you after you use a Jewell. I also agree with the Weatherby statement.

You guys happen to know how long they've been making triggers for Winchesters?

Used to be the reason I wouldn't buy a Winchester, Jewel didn't make a trigger for it last I knew.?

Affliction, you bet! After the first one, I was hooked. Got 8 of em now!:D

You guys happen to know how long they've been making triggers for Winchesters?

Used to be the reason I wouldn't buy a Winchester, Jewel didn't make a trigger for it last I knew.?

Affliction, you bet! After the first one, I was hooked. Got 8 of em now!:D

I don't know how long , but it has not been long because a year or so ago I talked to The folks
at Jewell and they only built triggers for Remingtons at the time.

Also there were some mechanical issues that were present with some installations that only a
competent smith could deal with so that may have been the reason also the demand.

It was not just a simple change like the Remington is but well within most peoples ability
and well worth the effort.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts