Winchester .350 legend

hammer111

Anyone buy one yet. I was looking to buy a Bergera ridgeback , but this round and a Winchester xpr rifle looks too fun to pass on.

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on it, pun intended.

Yes I bought one 3 weeks ago.
.....A AR15 upper.
the biggest mistake I have ever made. !!! Upper will not feed ammo. Used the 350 legend marked magazine that upper came with. Feed ramps look good appears to be issue with the magazine the gun came with but now I have tried 3 different Brands of magazines.....tried 3 different brands and gr of ammo.
I Spoke to company rep from magazine company. He tells me to take dermal tool and grind down front of magazine so this big fat 150 gr bullet will leave the magazine ! Still failure to feed. Rep then sent me text picture of 2 magazine to show me how much steel to grind off their new magazine ! , gun still will not go bang ,bang ! All they can tell me is industry having issues with AR15 platform. We have switched every part out in this upper and with different lowers , still will not feed or auto ?
I have been dealing with out state visitors for Xmas the last Week so have not had to chance to even try to figure out issue. I live in Iowa , 3 miles from Mississippi River bridge. Going to put a few hrs and I guess a few more phone calls then it's going over the bridge. Would not wish this on anyone. I had Planned to use this gun for Iowa deer season , had to go back to deer slug gun. If you do go with 350 legend go with bolt gun not the AR15 platform.... industry does not have bugs out if it. Google the issues , save your self ha ha ha. MD

Last edited:
Yes I bought one 3 weeks.
A AR15 upper.
the biggest mistake I have ever made. !!! Upper will not feed ammo. Used the 350 legend marked magazine that upper came with. Feed ramps look good appears to be issue with the magazine the gun came with but now I have tried 3 different Brands of magazines.....tried 3 different brands and gr of ammo.
I Spoke to company rep from magazine company. He tells me to take dermal tool and grind down front of magazine so this big fat 150 gr bullet will leave the magazine ! Still failure to feed. Rep then sent me text picture of 2 magazine to show me how much steel to grind off their new magazine ! , gun still will not go bang ,bang ! All they can tell me is industry having issues with AR15 platform. We have switched every part out in this upper and with different lowers , still Will it auto ?
I have been dealing with out state visitors for Xmas the last Week so have not had to chance to even try to figure out issue. I live in Iowa , 3 miles from Mississippi River bridge. Going to put a few hrs and I guess a few more phone calls then it's going over the bridge. Would not wish this on anyone. I had Planned to use this gun for Iowa deer season , had to go back to deer slug gun. If you do go with 350 legend go with bolt gun not the AR15 platform.... industry does not have bugs out if it. Google the issues , save your self ha ha ha. MD
I'm sorry about your experience, but I'm referring to bolt action rifles. I apologize if I didn't make myself clear.

I understand. I made a huge mistake , go with a savage or Ruger bolt.
Even winchester who developed the cartridge in Jan 2019 did not even get their gun on the market till Oct 1 , 2019. What does that tell you .... nothing but problems with this cal in My AR15 platforms and others who have bought it in the AR15. MD

Last edited:
I understand. I made a huge mistake , go with a savage or Ruger bolt.
Even winchester who developed the cartridge in Jan 2018 did not even get their gun on the market till Oct 1 , 2018. What does that tell you .... nothing but problems with thI cal. MD
Yeah it sux to spend your hard earned money on something that doesn't work.
Sounds like they didn't do thorough developmental testing. Or they didn't care and released it anyway.

I hope you can get it resolved.

OK if you live in a straight wall case state, if not then it is a solution to a non-existent problem and lot better cartridges.
I like things that are different, it seems like a challenge. I like challenges.

I also have a artificial shoulder and can't handle high recoil of slugs.

With less recoil than a 243, I think it would be good for youth hunters and women.

I wonder how many people have my problem and don't hunt because of it. That would be a solution to a problem. If it works in the Midwest slug counties, why not all slug counties nationwide.

Slugs and inlines can be made accurate well past these straight walls, so what would it hurt.

Last edited:
Oh cheap to shoot can be reloaded even cheaper. I like to shoot, I can shoot this gun a lot with my shoulder. Would be good to practice with to maintain shooting accuracy.

IA was a shotgun state till a few years ago and now we can shoot straight wall cartridges. At age 60 my shoulders cannot take the recoil of 12 ga or 20 ga slug gun.
350 legend is suppose to have ballistics close to 30-30 rifle. But who knows because I had the bright idea of going with the AR15 platform in this new cartridge.
Go with the bolt guns on this caliber , they are a long way from getting the bugs out of the AR15 platform. MD

Last edited:
IA was a shotgun state till a few years ago and now we can shoot straight wall cartridges. At age 60 my shoulders cannot take the recoil of 12 ga or 20 ga slug gun.
350 legend is suppose to have ballistics close to 30-30 rifle. But who knows because I had the bright idea of going with the AR15 platform in this new cartridge. Go with the bolt guns on this caliber , they are a long way from getting the bugs out of the AR15 platform. MD
Any chance in changing the caliber of your gun,ndar15man. Then it would make enough energy to cycle. It could help you to sell the gun.

Will I hate to put anymore money and even time in it. I am maxed out on both. I don't want to stick some one with a problem and sale it to some one. I think better to throw it over the bridge railing. I did that 30 years ago on a Remington shotgun. if I have throw it over the rail , going to do it in the same spot on bridge. MD

Will I hate to put anymore money and even time in it. I am maxed out on both. I don't want to stick some one with a problem and sale it to some one. I think better to throw it over the bridge railing. I did that 30 years ago on a Remington shotgun. if I have throw it over the rail , going to do it in the same spot on bridge. MD
Sell it for parts or scrap it, at least you'll get something for it.

A simple barrel swap will get you back to 223 or blackout. Not deer rounds in your state but stillfun to plink with... or coyotes
The 350 legend interest me but am waiting for the bugs to get worked out. Here we can use the blackout and Grendel so there aint no hurry

I understand guys. I have 3 AR15 guns and 1 AR10. All have run perfect right out of the box. This is the first upper I have ever bought in a AR15. I have always bought the whole gun at purchase time in past. Every one talks about how easy it is swop uppers around on these guns , make your own guns , etc . Will I can tell you first hand that has not worked in my case. I know I just had bad luck but I think this buying complete AR15 uppers is for a guys who like to tinker with guns , put them together , etc. They have a lot more patience then me. At 60 years old I need to have something that shoots right out of the box and the AR15 in the 350 legend is not it at this time from my experience.
I could have wrong gas tube in my gun wrong size gas tube whole , something not right with the bolt carrier being out of spec or Buffer tube not heavy enough , or buffer spring not heavy enough I think it is a magazine issue Being that magazine manufacture is telling me to grind down front lip of magazine to make their NEW $20.00 magazine work in a new 350 legend and sending me text pictures on how much to grind down after I already ground down a lot ! Not a good situation. It could be anything not causing gun to feed and not going bang , bang in a row. Some AR15 owners have had great success with this caliber right out of the box but not me. I bet I have have 10 hrs so far into the gun switching out components with other AR15 guns trying to make it work. No success yet. Having a Freind taking Gun home right know and he is going to break down every component and see what could be wrong and what I could have missed in the investigation. I will report back in a few weeks if we find the the issue. But guys go with the bolt gun , it will be a good replacement for a shotgun deer hunting states. So much less recoil on your shoulder even with a bolt gun. MD

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.