will a 600 action

Ridge Runner

work for a 260 AI, my 13 yo daughter wants a long range rifle and the only right hand actions I have available are a 600 and a savage 110.
RR

The 600 would probably work, didn't it origionally come in 308 as an option. There were also 600 and 660s with a 6mm rem. I would suppose that it could do a 260ai with a decent col to boot. That would be one mean little compact long range rig. I think hs is making a stock for them, that is the hardest problem with the 600 and 660 actions is the lack of stocks available.

well can't find a stock to suit her for a 600, so reckon it'll be up for sale and try to find her a 700 action, so what works best for a 260 AI long or short 700?
RR

I put together a 600 for smaller folk a couple of decades ago, closer to 3 actually. I used a Brown Precision in Kevlar. They still list this available on their site. It's qualified with a comment about using a 700 trigger guard. I don't remember any particular difficulty getting it to work.
Mine is in a 6mm Remington, and I don't see a reason the 260 won't work, unless you require a longer action for seating bullets out longer.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.