wildcat bullets

jdg300rum

Can anyone tell me the b.c. of the 30 cal. 210 and 225 rbbt uld bullets. Also does any one know the b.c.s of the 338 300 grains and the 350 grain uld.

Have not tested the 30 cal bullets, Bill Bailey has I think, he will see this and reply I am sure.

The 338 bullets I have tested quite a bit. From actual bullet drop tests over ranges out to 1500 yards, the 300 gr ULD RBBT needs a BC of .810 for the Exbal model to match actual bullet flight.

I have not tested the 350 as much but from the testing I have done it looks like a BC of around .900 is pretty **** close. Again from actual bullet drop measurements.

This is not a scientifically pure BC number so take it for what it is.

The 300 gr ULD RBBT is nearly identical to the 300 gr SMK in BC. Some rifles produce a bit more BC with the Wildcat, some slightly less but both are generally between the 0.780 and 0.810 range depending on specifics to the situation they are fired in.

In my 338 Kahn, I have found the Wildcat to hold slightly tighter groups then the SMK but again, that is one rifles personality but they generally do shoot extremely well.

For the 350 gr pills you will need at least a 1-10 twist and you better be able to get +2800 fps or you will more then likely get into stability issues at long range.

Loaded to just shy of 3300 fps, they shoot pretty well in my 338 AM with its 1-10 twist!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kirby Allen(50)

I have shot the 210g uld rbbt out of my 300 RUM at 3000fps. At 800 yards, they need 4-6 clicks "up" to be with the 210g berger vld's. My berger vlds are also going 3000fps, there advertised bc is .631, which is pretty spot on from my shooting out to 1150. If I had to guess, the wildcat would be roughly .600 or so. I have only shot out to 800 and they were hitting quite a bit lower then the VLD's.

Could you post a pic of both the 210s next to each other if you have the time? I've never seen the 210 WC. Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.