• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wild Range Finder for sale

LMK

I have a "spare" military surplus Wild rangefinder with tripod "new" in the cases. Includes translated directions.

The range is 20KM I believe. I will look at the paperwork to confirm an exact figure.

I bought it as I am building a rifle I expect to do some 2,500 yard shooting and my only other option was use of GPS.

I ordered these a few days ago and they will be delivered later today. Honestly I am not sure. They listed the small and large tripods, carrying cases and manual but did not mention a calibration rod.

I kept reading about them and thought it would be handy to have if I am going to do some 2,000 yd shooting. I am building a .375 Chey Tac and want to be able to take some long shots. When i found two available i figured I would make the other available to one of the guys at LRH as they seemed to have gotten harder to find over time.

I was not aware of a calibration rod and the ability to possibly correct the calibration, but assumed it might be off in it's calibration I intended to build a trajectory chart using the rangefinder. It means a standard ballistic program would not be useable but I would have field verified ranges in any case.

Have you used yours much and if so how has it worked for you? I appreciate any insight you can provide Bob.

There is a 80cm lath board that sits on its own legs. You place it out at 100 meters and correct the view for your particular eyes. Each user has to do it once and you record the setting for each viewer so that person can adjust it in the field to their eyes without using the calibration lath.

You need to inform the buyer whether it is or is not complete.

It is not the end of the world because you can calibrate it other ways but the buyer is going to find out when he goes through the instructions that a part is missing.

Well, I have mostly used mine to get into trouble. Some moron from North Carolina took offense to my humor over on Benchrest Central last week. That's about the most excitement I have gotten from using it.

I have calibrated it and verified it to 1K. I was going to use it to shoot an antelope at a mile but got sidetracked with my kids. They wanted trophy horns not trophy distances. That was fine. I had a good time with them and more fun than if I had tried for the mile shot.

I might give it a try this year but I suspect that even if I try I will not succeed. I will not be able to spend the time needed to get a dead calm day in Wyoming and a cooperative antelope.

Hopefully it will be in the case with the Rangefinder. We'll see.

Couldn't a guy cut a length of lath 80 cm long and put some legs on it to do the calibration? If it isn't in the case I would like to be able to tell the guy what he can do about it.

Thanks

Bob asked if it was complete. He asked if the calibration rod was in it and it turns out that the rod was there, but the short tripod was missing so I sent the guy's money back.

After looking at it I am going to adapt mine to a modern adjustable tripod as the military version, while very well built, is non-adjustable and weighs a freakin ton.

As soon as i get mine adapted (probably by this weekend as it will be a very simple piece) I will put this one back up for sale again with the military tripod. I will make a sketch of the adapter available as I think a modern 3 axis tripod with level will be far more useable in the field than the stock unit.

I will keep all posted.