• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wichita NIB Custom Series #14 Pistol

nthrut

NIB, Unfired Wichita Custom Series, #14, single shot pistol. .308. Exhibition grade walnut and bluing. Right hand grip w/ thumb rest. Fine line checkering, schnabel forend. Checkered bolt knob, faceted bolt shroud. Octagon 10" barrel. Have open sights and box foam cut, shipped by UPS in 1974. Custom Talley bases w/ 1" rings. Leupold scope not included. Will ship to FFL who will accept shipment from a non FFL. Shipped USPS Priority mail, insured. Personal check to clear my bank, before shipment. $1795 + USPS insured shipping. Only trade interest would be a Colt Python in 95%+ condition. Then my trade value goes to $2000. PM w/ any replies or questions, phone #, etc.
wichita 308 1.jpg
wichita 308 2.jpg
scoped wichita 308.jpg

Last edited:
Do you know what twist the barrel is?

1x10 twist. several years ago, when I acquired this, I called Wichita and talked to a gentleman, who was very familiar w/ these custom pistols. He knew the twist rate, even offered to tune the trigger, as it might have needed it, after tenure from manufacturing date. It wasn't necessary, as it has an excellent trigger, as it is. I'm a Jewell trigger fan, and this one satisfies my "persnickety" 70 yr old tastes.

Last edited:
Item has been sold!
I have a vintage, mint, Silhouette, a 7BR (rechambered from the factory 7IHMSA), fitted with an ultralight (ozs) trigger, that lives in an exhibition grade custom target thumbhole stock. Might you have current contacts to firmer Wichita employees, who I can contact? Thanks.

Several yrs ago, I talked to a very knowledgeable, helpful person, there. The phone # I used was 620-249-3959. Hope this helps.

Last edited: