Why Shoot Hammer Bullets

HammerBullets

Created a working spreadsheet for those interested in how different animals respond to various Hammer Bullets and calibers. Click to review.

If you want to add to spreadsheet comment below. It will be updated regularly.

F5820D2A-A766-4CBE-BDB1-6A76B0BED46D.jpeg

My guess is most folks really overlook if animal drops in sight or caught up in tracking. We use OnyX or just a rangefinder to give us good data for how far they go. The OnyX works great plus can save. There is no given for how far with "identical" shots but does provide a decent range of distance traveled as expectation if you are tracking. A big bodied buck all hormoned up can go crazy distance traveled after a "perfect" double lung shot or just crash and burn where they are standing.

Incorrect. I shot a group of hogs. One was a runner hog I punched in the stomach. It ran 200 yards before it stopped and I delivered the finishing shot.
That's what I'm saying, why isn't that in the chart? Just seems incomplete or maybe misleading. Not saying they aren't good bullets, I would just like to see all the data.

Edit: I do see the 200 now

I can't open the spreadsheet on this computer...but i'll add the 3 deer ive shot with hammers:

mule deer buck. 7mmRM, 172gr Absolute Hammer. shot distance, 40 yards. Deer ran 20 yards, then tumbled more down the mountain, but that was just gravity. Double lung destruction, no idea how he made it 20 yards.

Whitetail doe, 6.5creed, 123gr absolute hammer. shot distance 140 yards. deer dropped instantly.

whitetail doe, .22-250, 70gr hammer hunter. double lung, ran ~45 yards, lungs destroyed. shot distance 130y.