Why No Love For 270 Ackley Improved?

I had one. I ordered a 9 twist from Douglass to shoot longer bullets...they sent a 10 twist:mad:.
Frustrated with them I just kept it. It shot good with 140vld at 3150fps.

I know a couple of members here FEENIX and Big Jake Duke have/had them also.
Just rebarrelled my favorite hunting rifle with a Proof Research 1-8.4
There aren't as many high BC bullets available for the 277 cal compared to the 7mm or 6.5 mm. It's still an excellent round and one to consider.
That was true, but ive just started shooting the 150gr Cutting Edge Lazers and they are a dream. One day ieven recover one. So far two complete pass thrus at 300 on a cow elk and 575 colorado mule deer

I pondered the idea of a 270AI, but was quickly dissuaded into building a 270 Weatherby instead.
Pluses are that it fits in the same size action and is really much faster than the 270AI could ever be.
I have used 22-250AI, 257BobAI and 338-06AI.
Of all, the only one I still have is the 22-250AI. all the others have been sent down the road or barrels removed.
In fact, I like my standard 338-06 much more than the AI version, less fuss and just gets the job done.

Cheers.
Went that route and made a 270-300 win mag. Excellent choice

I just checked their website, but didn't find any indication they were no longer shipping to the US.
Do you have inside info we should be aware of?
When it was sold the original owner kept the 270 dies. I have heard recently is is starting production but i have not seen any. I have 165s and 175s if anyone wants to try them