why is no one talking about the Nosler RDF?

DENWA

I've always had good results with Nosler stuff but the Video's seem like Gimmicks.

I haven't seen anyone talking about them or using them.

I guess everyone waiting to see what Bryan Litz testing has to say?

WA, perhaps too new and not a very decent variety of calibers/weights. Often the promotional videos do embellish a tad. Like to hear from someone who's shot them.

I shot the 6.5 140's out of my .260 for years and they seemed to perform really well, and they were significantly cheaper than Berger hybrids then. I don't shoot that gun any more but the 70's are the only thing I shoot out of my .223 trainer. These have all been the blems and they've shot great. I also shot the 105's out of my Dasher when I was fireforming all my brass and with those fireforming loads they shot really well. I've moved over to Berger hybrids in this gun for competitions now but I just loaded up some testing rounds with the Nosler to see if they'll shoot now in fireformed brass.

They do have the reputation for being inconsistent at times, at least the 6mm 105's do. I've heard guys joke that RDF stands for Random Damned Flyer, as they'll get 4 shots in a 1/4" group and one an inch out.

these days isn't hard to lie about things like BC?

Too many folks out there with a Lab Radar...

I am still on the fence. Have bought 300 pills in the 6.5mm 140's for my 6.5x47, worked up loads using Varget, H4895 and Benchmark 2 here, it's not available to you guys as far as I know.
Every load that proved promising did not perform at 600 to my liking, no amount of tuning would keep all 10 shots within my stipulated 'ring'. There were always one or two that would be just outside the 'ring'.
I also tried them in my 264WM F-Class rifle with the 30" barrel, there were no fliers to speak of at 3323fps, but they weren't up to my standard again. I want a genuine 1/4 MoA from a target bullet, not something that won't tighten from .5-.75MoA down to 1/4MoA even when tuned.

Cheers.

I'm almost out of .308 220 SMK and 190 SMK (Cali boxed) and am looking at Nosler CC and RDF to see if the cost to performance matches new production SMK's..I think the RDF may have a tighter tip profile, haven't had a chance to inspect any yet....

BC was a little low for me. I used .690 for the 140.
I would love to get rid of the flier.
I like 130s for the creed, has anyone tried them yet?
In all fairness to Nosler, I was shooting them in a factory savage LRH. I have 300ish left of the 140s I'll give them another go in the criterion barreled trued Remington 700 I just put together. Another note, I ordered 500 of them as soon as they were available, that's been a while, and they could have improved the process since then.

I use the 105s and the 140s. They shoot awesome for me. I have had zero problems with fliers. In fact the 140s I shot a 10 shot group the size of a dime at 100 of a table a bipod. The 105s I had a group at 518 a bit bigger than a quarter. These were all purchased within the last year. I heard when the first came out they had some consistency problems.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.