Why I am a Suppressed Armament Systems Dealer

Is it even up to local law enforcement to deal with tax issues? Sounds like this is a made in Hollywood production. The form4 may just show the trust name. Sounds like this local cop was just out harassing people. Unless a truckload of suppressors was stolen the night before, I'd ask the guy to show me what law he suspects I've broken by camping with a can.

Is it even up to local law enforcement to deal with tax issues? Sounds like this is a made in Hollywood production. The form4 may just show the trust name. Sounds like this local cop was just out harassing people. Unless a truckload of suppressors was stolen the night before, I'd ask the guy to show me what law he suspects I've broken by camping with a can.

After talking to Tim. The owner of the suppressor didn't have a copy of the form 4 with him, when asked to produce proof of ownership.

The owner should have ensured he had a copy of his form 4. I keep them in my truck, on my phone, in shooting bags, all over the place just to ensure this never happens.

Shouldn't the cop be able to radio in and run the serial # and find out? Also are you still an SAS dealer? I'm looking to purchase an arbiter tomb mount by middle of this week or sooner. Thanks!

My understanding is that regular law enforcement officers aren't allowed to require you to show suppressor paperwork, only ATF or other Federal LEOs.

My understanding is that regular law enforcement officers aren't allowed to require you to show suppressor paperwork, only ATF or other Federal LEOs.

Yes that is true, But it is good to always have 2-3 form 4's copies.
better safe then sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.