Why can't I ever...

well, if you bottomed out your die on the shell holder and you can't chamber the brass, then you might have a dirty die or a minimum cut die.

get 1 x fired brass to fit in my chambers?

I've had this happen three times now with three custom guns. 300 Win Mag, 22-250 and now a 7mm RUM.

I bought fired brass for all of them, ran it through the full length sizer and they will not chamber. Some barely chamber with a bit of force.

It seems that the problem is just in front of the web of the case. If I buy new brass will there be an issue?

Why is this? Do I need different dies? The dies are all Redding full length dies.

Thanks.
well, Redding dies tend to be a bit on the tighter side. Last night thanks to 25WSM, I read in a post he did here, to wet sand the die and flitz it. I'm off and runnin but I was getting very frustrated switchin' lubes, I was like dang then I thought about the seater being nice and snug, so yeah the sizer must be. I used 600 wet paper and then used flitz liquid polish, wish I picked up the cream, but it's what I got from a gun shop.

Avoid brass fired in a different rifle.... Sooo many less issues if you do so.... I have the Larry Willis Belted Magnum Collet Die... I bought it for the same reason... But now that I keep brass specific to each rifle, I rarely need to use it...

Also the stroke time on the press can be a factor, if your just running it up in the die and removing it immediately your not giving the brass long enough time to retain the size.

Recent Posts