Who wants to use and review award winning Pentax binocs?

Andy Backus

Field Editor
Staff member
Pentax would like some LRH members to use their award winning DCF BC 9x32 binocs for one month and write a review. Let me know if you are interested.
DCF BC 9x32.png
Here's their press release about them:

OUTDOOR LIFE MAGAZINE BESTOWS DOUBLE AWARD ON PENTAX DCF BC 9x32 BINOCULARS
trans.gif

GOLDEN, CO. (May 24, 2011)…OUTDOOR LIFE magazine awards the PENTAX DCF BC 9x32 binoculars with the OUTDOOR LIFE EDITOR'S CHOICE and the OUTDOOR LIFE GREAT BUY awards in the publication's June/July 2011 issue featuring THE GEAR TEST.
"This trim, open-hinge 9-power doesn't swing for the fences," reads the review in the optics section. "Instead it brings so much game on so many fronts-optically, ergonomically, and in design and value assessments-it scores a double, winning both our Editor's Choice and Great Buy awards. The poly-carb chassis is easy to operate with one hand, and the image is clear and crisp right to the edges. It's a solid binocular."
First introduced in January of this year, the PENTAX 9x32 DCF BC binoculars feature high-performance optics, waterproof* construction allowing fresh-water rinsing, and an ergonomic body design for a comfortable hold. Combining outstanding optical performance and value with a compact, lightweight, carry-anywhere body, these new models may be used in a wide range of applications including nature observation, bird-watching, sports viewing, hunting and more. * These models may not be used for underwater viewing.
The DCF series of PENTAX binoculars are made of durable, lightweight, glass-fiber reinforced engineered plastic and protected with a full-body rubber housing for excellent external shock resistance. Each body is filled with nitrogen gas to prevent moisture condensation within the lens barrels due to sudden temperature fluctuation. This nitrogen-filled construction also effectively prevents fogging of the lenses, fungal growth and rusting of interior parts.
The PENTAX 9x32 DCF BC is $299.00 USD and available on www.pentaxwebstore.com and a variety of optics dealers. Images may be found here: Press Image Vault
PENTAX Imaging Company is an innovative leader in the production of a variety of adventure ready digital cameras including weather-resistant digital SLRs and stylish, compact, waterproof cameras, as well as lenses, flash units, binoculars, scopes, and eyepieces. For more than 90 years, PENTAX has developed durable, reliable products that meet the needs of adventurous consumers and businesses. With headquarters in Golden, Colorado, PENTAX Imaging Company is a division of PENTAX of America, Inc.

I tried to reply from work, but it must have blocked.

Yes, I would be interested in trying them out and doing a review.

We are scouting a wilderness area for Sept high buck hunt

If i can use them successfully without removing my glasses, i'd love to try them. Only brand I can use this way so far are the leupold Wind river's.

I'd do it in a heartbeat. I've felt the need to get a new pair of hunting binos recently, and think a 7-9 power X 32 would be ideal. This size is not too big, but good in low light gathering, etc. Send me a pair, please. I'd love to provide a full review and compare to the binos I'm using and have used in the past. I live close to some open desert and mountain country and would love to give them a full workout.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I wanted to see how much interest there would be, and obviously there's a lot.

I've got to work out the details with the Pentax rep and will get back to you all.

Id definitely be interested. Have 8 hunts planned for this fall. Everything from Kansas Whitetail to Colorado Muleys. Would be interested to see how they hold up and compare to other brands.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.