who wants my Money???? Nightforce

tjonh2001

i want to buy a nightforce for my 6x47 lapua. i am looking for a npr2 retical in a 8x32 0r 12x42. i will be paying with a credit card the company that i work with is giving me this as a bonus. so if there are any dealers here that have one and take credit cards please post or IM me with price shipped to NORTH DAKOTA thank you..

Get hold of Lerch or Bill Bailey on this site. They will do you right and the service is first class.;);)

You can call them at 1-800-522-3314. Just ask for Steve or BJ.

i just hope that im not going with to much magnafication. this is going to be used for f class and i might put it on my 7mmwsm for deer season. i use the 7mm for long shots. thats why im leaning toward at least 32 power. thats alot of money to spendon a scope.

Depending on your closest shot I'd choose the 12-42x56 , the power set on 12 would be fine for deer at 200yds on out if they weren't moving to fast and being able to dial up on the target will help with groups for the F-class. Some say that mirage will be worse but thats not true , its the same you will just be more aware of it and at the higher power it will look to be worse but you can always back down , if you get the 32 and you wish you had more power then your just left wishing.

Scope

i just hope that im not going with to much magnafication. this is going to be used for f class and i might put it on my 7mmwsm for deer season. i use the 7mm for long shots. thats why im leaning toward at least 32 power. thats alot of money to spendon a scope.

Just my opinion but I think you are going with way too much power. Especially if you will be deer hunting with it. Tom.

i am also wondering if any of you guys have this set up on your short action remington and what rings and bases are you useing to fit the 56mm lense.

I guess it all bolis down to what you consider long shots.
Is 45 moa total elevation going to be enough? That is all the 12x42 has.
Also the field of view, especially at close ranges is going to make fast target aquisition a bugger even at 12 power.
I know with my 8x32s I find it hard to get onto something at under 500 yards fast set at 8x
For FClass the 12x42 should work well, but hunting I think I would opt for a tad less magnification.

thanks for the input i called bj and ordered a 8x32 with npr1 reticle. i think this will be a great long range hunting scope and a good f class scope.

thanks for the input i called bj and ordered a 8x32 with npr1 reticle. i think this will be a great long range hunting scope and a good f class scope.

I hope whoever you ordered it from also told you how addictive great glass can be.
You will love the scope and reticle.
I sell a ton of that particular scope and have yet to have anyone no happy with 1.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts