Who thinks my scale is jacked?

I'm mainly looking at the huge jump from 49.9 at 2882 FPS to 50.1 at 2943. Seems like a large jump for the .2 grain difference.

Here's a side note: I shot a three shot group of the 49.9 charge weight and all three shots (according to the magnetospeed) were 30 FPS faster than the 2882 originally posted on trip one. This group was half inch though.

The only exterior variable is trip one was shot around 70 degrees and trip two was around 80 degrees.

No AC running, loaded in the garage, door closed. Yes music but phone was about 5 feet from scale.

So in short, 🤷🏻‍♂️
That's very normal, this is why you're doing a ladder test. You don't want to be on those jump points. If your ES is around 20-25, which can be pretty normal, the the jump is really more like 25. Your ladder looks fine. If a 10 degree air temp would whack out your loads we'd all be going crazy with loads.

The faster a processer is , the more susceptible it is to voltage/power fluctuations. For years, I have used an APC battery backup inline with my electronic scale/dispenser. It eliminated the ERR reading and need to recalibrate during use of the scale/dispenser. Now days , the trend is to use a home voltage regulator , some call them home voltage stabilizers. It could be the power in your garage isn't as consistent as in your house.
It would eliminate one factor you seem to question.

When shooting large cases with less than a full case (<100% load density) it is important to make sure the powder is over the primer. Example: If your cartridges are in a MTM Case Gard box and in the bullet down position, the powder might allow an air space over the primer. One way to remedy that is to point the muzzle up to shift the powder over the primer. The SD's will be lower and velocities will be greater.

The general trend in both graphs appears to be similar. It's just the second one has a couple of anomalies, which could be attributed to a number of things. I wouldn't be too concerned about those scales tbh. There are many other variables that could account for this.

D4F075D2-DA88-40C7-ADA5-AA7BC4DBA0FF.png

With an SD of 7 over 12 shots, I musta wished really hard. Perfectly acceptable for a hunting rifle that is up for work next weekend.

When shooting large cases with less than a full case (<100% load density) it is important to make sure the powder is over the primer. Example: If your cartridges are in a MTM Case Gard box and in the bullet down position, the powder might allow an air space over the primer. One way to remedy that is to point the muzzle up to shift the powder over the primer. The SD's will be lower and velocities will be greater.
Can someone confirm that according to SAAMI the cartridge should be rotated: up, flat, down, flat then loaded? I've been doing it for the past 3 years after I seen it on a video online.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.