Who needs lottery? I scored some RL-26!

Muddyboots

Stopped by a small gun shop while out of town and found 2 lbs on shelf that had been there a while said shop owner. SO helped him out by grabbing the 2 he had. I am on so many website notifications for RL26 back in stock and here I actually put my hands on a couple pounds. I feel like I just won a lottery. Bought a Powerball and a Megamillions immediately after at gas station since I felt "lucky"!

Have 5 rifles with multiple bullet variations to run this through so I am glad I was able to snag a couple lbs. Is it as tough to find as I have experienced?
Muddy

A reloading family member surprised me with a bottle for Christmas. Talk about excited!

i have 2 8 lb'ers. i had to so some serious searching over a year ago. found which dist bought, and call them all. found one with 4 8s, one pre sold.i bought 2 and have never looked back
mk 13 sniper rifle, 300 win mag, based on the 248 mod1 round ( 220 smk at 3.5") i am running berger 230 at 3.6xx and 2900 fps from a 26.5" bbl. its MAGIC.

i have 2 8 lb'ers. i had to so some serious searching over a year ago. found which dist bought, and call them all. found one with 4 8s, one pre sold.i bought 2 and have never looked back
mk 13 sniper rifle, 300 win mag, based on the 248 mod1 round ( 220 smk at 3.5") i am running berger 230 at 3.6xx and 2900 fps from a 26.5" bbl. its MAGIC.
They are actually 5 pounders right?

Congrats! I think you'll like it. It's probably the most versatile powder I've ever used.

P1000614.JPG
no mine are 8's
but the are giant..like bulk shotgun powder big
so maybe they went to 5's to cut down on the physical size.

They are actually 5 pounders right?

I've got a couple of # of 26... don't even shoot it at present... the barrel I have that likes it isn't even on an action right now... too lazy to work it over in a current bbl. … I'll prolly use it when I do some re-barreling in the next couple years though; I have a pipe or three needing freshening.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts