Who loves their 257 wby magnums

257 Roy with zero freebore = 100g at 3850 shooting sub 3/8" groups with 100g within 30 rounds fired with R#22. Stuff is just dead, very dead on bullet impact = ZERO runners, I do not know how to stress this fact enough. Old tec rules in this case.

I actually got 1/2" groups with 100g partitions.

If you feel like a wild man, go 6.5-257 Weatherby AI. 120's at 3600 is normal. PTG has the reamer. All I care about is accuracy, and stuff not running off.

I love mine, it is a Remington 700 factory barrel and it is pushing a Barnes TTSX 100 gr. at 3675 FPS and is sub 1/2 MOA at 400 yards (that is as long of a range as I have to shoot on)
I am using 264 mag brass resized (lube and one pull of the handle and your good to go) blown out and so brass is semi cheap. The above vel. and sub 1/2 MOA is blowing brass out.
It has killed a few deer in its life, but would not be afraid to shoot something bigger if I ever needed to.
I have had zero runner as well. They just go straight down.....very fast.

Have one, Mark V Accumark, shot mule deer, whitetail, and pronghorn with it. Didn't notice any more meat destruction than with my .270 Winchester. Very accurate. Just shoot them in the chest, not in the shoulders or elsewhere. And avoid factory loaded Nosler Partition bullets, which in my experience sometime blow up on the surface leaving only the little 50gr rear half (of the 120gr bullet) to penetrate with only a 1/4" diameter remaining. With the 26" barrel, it's not a rifle for crawling through brush for close range shots, but for 200-400yd shots at smaller (deer size) big game it's hard to beat although heavy to carry.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.