Who has rl26 in stock?

I could use some more RL26, 16 & 17 myself? When powder becomes available, I go BIG and get as much as I can! Purchased 20lbs of H4350, 16lbs of H4831sc. Been testing Shooters World powders, as alternative too.

I could use some more RL26, 16 & 17 myself? When powder becomes available, I go BIG and get as much as I can! Purchased 20lbs of H4350, 16lbs of H4831sc. Been testing Shooters World powders, as alternative too.

This is not a personal attack against you or your statement.

And this is the spiraling problem they are creating. Where we used to buy a couple of pounds of powder, we're forced by the fear that we will run out or not find a continuing source, to overbuy and hoard.

And this is the spiraling problem they are creating. Where we used to buy a couple of pounds of powder, we're forced by the fear that we will run out or not find a continuing source, to overbuy and hoard.
I use my powder up. I shoot a lot, that's why I buy by the keg when possible. Super magnums use a lot of powder per shot. I get 1 or 2 pounds, when it's not something I've used before.

Understood, that's why I wrote the disclaimer above. We test and load thousands of magnum and super magnum cartridges a year, consuming hundreds of pounds of powder. That's why we buy by the case and if it gets low and the market isn't replenished, we travel to buy.

Watch those back in stock emails guys!!!!

Alliant just told me that they did in fact receive the RE26 shipment and they have shipped it out to their "distributors" BUT they use a "2 tiered" shipment system and therefore do not know if the distributors have shipped to the dealers yet.

Its here, but just not quite yet in stores

I'm testing SHooters World 4350 and longrifle powder also, testing seating depth also , have you found a 1/2 inch or less load yet in 6.5 cr

just not true for some of us...WE SHOOT and one pounders have little use.
i bought one 1 lb of rl26, tested and bought 2 8 lb jugs.
i do not stock 1 lb, i stock 8's

I'm testing SHooters World 4350 and longrifle powder also, testing seating depth also , have you found a 1/2 inch or less load yet in 6.5 cr
Very close?! The SD and ES aren't the best, but these powders group!

SW4350, I'm finding, is slower than H4350 and it's fairly stable so far.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find this powder in stock. I'd take an 8 pounder or a single pound. Haven't been able to find it anywhere.
Thanks
The problem is when they finally get it into the US it's over stocked and everyone buys it up. When it starts showing up you'll see powdervalley and others offer deals like they were 6 months ago for free shipping or a mail in rebate trying to get their Alliant customer base back.
I got tiered of the game and stopped using all the Alliant products.

Due to where I live I have to drive 120 miles to get powder or order it and eat the hazmat fee. So I order in bulk so I get it at the same price without the drive.
Normally my powder orders have to be split due to the size of the total amount. Evidently FedEx is only allowed so much powder on each truck.

just not true for some of us...WE SHOOT and one pounders have little use.
i bought one 1 lb of rl26, tested and bought 2 8 lb jugs.
i do not stock 1 lb, i stock 8's

There are exceptions to every rule and every statement, yours included and you want to prove the exception. Many of us shoot A LOT, I've already stated that, but we are not the majority of shooters buying powder, primers and bullets. We are outweighed by the much smaller number of consumers who shoot on weekends and hunt some. They buy the one-pound canisters, the 100 count boxes of bullets and 1,000 primers because they just don't shoot as much as some of us do.

The benchrest shooters, the 1,000 yards shooters and now the ELR shooters especially, are buying by the ton:eek:(exaggeration) in order for us to get through the season or have a longer run of the same lot number. These smaller shipments from the manufacturers are driving more of the less frequent shooters to buy in greater bulk to insure that they don't have to wait for the next manufacturing run. Thus the cyclical nature of the process we're seeing take place.

Unfortunately, we're not seeing the manufacturers step up with increases in the production volume. They appear to be content sending what they can and letting the market run dry. This will continue to drive the prices and the profits up as we are all squeezed by the supply chain. No wonder they won't help fix it!:mad:

I drove 700+ miles last weekend to pick up 3-8lb containers and 4-1lb containers...:eek::(

And I have an standing order in with one supplier for 12 more 8-lbs and another supplier for 10 more 8-lbs. Yes, we burn a lot of Re-26 powder!:D;)

Enjoy!

Just saw where Brunos just got a big shipment of powder in (note from them last night). I see no problem with buying in bulk if you can use it. some time back I bought 50 lbs of 4831 at once. Had a sale on it. Have used it all up now though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.